Security Installer Community

Wireless Alarms And Signal Interference

Guest wishy

Just got a reply from drayton, the thermostat people! Which stated that...

They also suggested changing the wireless alarm default frequency. Can this be done with the Lyntek Nexus wireless alarm. It states in the alarm spec that its radio signal is 433MHz FM transmitter approved to MPT1340 Reciever narrow band, super-heterodyne type... :hmm:

cheers

edit: alarm signal doesn't seem to be compromised, I have tested that already.

chuck it in bin and get another (more reliable!!) one or fit hard wired type.

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

I used to see some well funny stuff happening when I used to install KEL 880 (433MHz) Systems:

Car Alarms settingunsetting on street outside house (nissan are worst),

Stair lifts going upstairs on arming system,

Door Bells going off,

The list goes on. As many have already suggested, go wired. Wireless just aint worth the hassle.

Trade Member

I guess your all right, go wired. But there are alot of plumbers and central heating engineers out there fitting this sort of kit cos theres no need for an electrician! Just wish I'd known the SIDE effects first.

Great help from drayton I think their troubleshooting document that they forwarded the day after e-mailing them has fixed the problem.

Fingers crossed, and thanks again for all the advice. Much appreciated chaps!

cheers.

Wireless devices can share the same frequency as they have secure coded transmissions between them and the receiver.

Yes sure of course they can share the same frequency but they can't transmit at the same time. Or to be exact: they CAN transmit at the same time but effect is the same than if two russians and two britons sit next to the same round table and try to talk to each others at the same time..

If it was a half decent system it should detect the jamming.

yes sure it should and might even do so but if you need to power down all wireless equipment including your twentyone neighbours (equipment :lol: ) it is not very helpful..

Archived