Security Installer Community

Confused

Guest Greebo

No! we've told you what to do - get a competent person to resolve your problem, however a bigger problem is that you don't want to hear the solution.

ahh so basically you dont actually know the answer to my question and are not willing to give out the User Manual.

I would have assumed you would know if removing the sensors would trigger the alarm and if that can be cancelled with the User Code, but I guess I need to find somone who doesnt have their head firmly up their own

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ahh so basically you dont actually know the answer to my question and are not willing to give out the User Manual.

I would have assumed you would know if removing the sensors would trigger the alarm and if that can be cancelled with the User Code, but I guess I need to find somone who doesnt have their head firmly up their own

There is no need to get abusive.

If you tamper with any alarm you will cause a problem and regardless what you seem to think, the user manual will not tell you anything other than contact your installer.

This what we have advised you and will continue to do so, if you choose to tamper with your alarm without the approriate knowledge then that is your choice.

YOU seem to forget that nobody said that they do not know what to do, we all do but the panel is not a DIY system and therefore we will not tell you what to do, we do not even know if you own the system or the property, you might even be a burglar planning a breakin, but of course your not ;)

Bottom line is If you dont have the master code, your going to need an engineer to resolve your problem. If you have a user code this will silence the system if you trigger any tampers.

Dependant of course on what he tampers Ian :whistle:

Bottom line is If you dont have the master code, your going to need an engineer to resolve your problem. If you have a user code this will silence the system if you trigger any tampers.

cool thx

So if I want to change the code I need an engineer.

Regarding removing the sensors, I can turn it off with the user code.

Im guessing the alarm will go off for each tamper sensor?

A fun weekend ahead for myself and my neighbours!

thx again.

Any decent system can be programmed to respond to a tamper fault in a variety of ways. You don't know what your system has been programmed to do.

Your user code might or might not allow you to reset a tamper fault, and there isn't any way for you to find out unless you try it!

Unfortunately if your code doesn't allow a reset from tamper, you will be left with an alarm that you can't use unless you get someone out to it. Your code will probably stop the bell ringing in any case.

Having said that, if the system wasn't ever monitored at a central station, it would be usual for it to be programmed to allow user reset from tamper.

Installers correct me if I've got any of this wrong.

Allso

Dependant of course on what he tampers Ian :whistle:

Yeah but im thinking job protection Colin. :hmm: I always wonder who's job Joe public thinks we are protecting.

Seriously though regardless of if he had the relevant codes or not he would be able to do the job himself anyway. Aritech panels are a nightmare to experienced engineers who havent seen/worked on them before.

Yeah but im thinking job protection Colin. :hmm: I always wonder who's job Joe public thinks we are protecting.

Seriously though regardless of if he had the relevant codes or not he would be able to do the job himself anyway. Aritech panels are a nightmare to experienced engineers who havent seen/worked on them before.

Very true Ian, its never been in any doubt about him being able to move the sensors, its the aftermath that may or may not be a problem.

I really dont know why you guys bother replying to these types of posts anymore. We've said it all before, don't waste your valuable time on someone who doesnt appreciate it.

How about a TOPIC CLOSED Mods?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived