Security Installer Community

Playing with customer's pets!

Matt Ward

It brought a little enjoyment to an alarm maintenance when the customer had an interesting pet!

This customer had an English Bull Terrier. A lovely dog and always a pleasure to play around with. It had an obsession with tennis balls - they were everywhere around the house! I didn't realise this was because the dog pushed them with his nose from room to room.

I kept throwing the ball for him to catch, but everytime it would hit his nose and bounce off in a different direction, one of which being a ornament cabinet. The customer loved horses and had lots of horse figurines made of clay and china. The tennis ball bounced around a bit and broke the legs off many of the horse figurines. The customer noticed the sudden inactivity of "ball play" with the dog and came out the kitchen, so I quickly acted like I was testing the range of one of the PIR's.

When the coast was clear, I had to quickly balance all the legs back onto the figurines and tip-toed away!

It appears that the dog never caught a ball, it just wanted to push them around - I'll remember that next time!

I never heard anything about the broken china!

Matt

The durties dogs from my experience were King Charles Spaniels.

"bark! bark!"

"oh hello doggy" I would say... the tail would wag, a few sniffs around the leg and it would try and "assume the position".

Once had a king charles spaniel trying to climb the ladder while I was putting up the SAB so that it could "hump my leg" while it's owner wasn't around - the customer had already "laughed off" the dog's previous attempts!

Matt

Went to a callout on an industrial estate once, police were on site (3 or 4 cars) and bell still ringing......

Control panel was just inside the entrance door, which was open and I had a user code as we were keyholders. I thought i'd better shut the bloody thing up and check the log etc.

While I was doing this, something nudged my leg......... BLOODY GREAT POLICE DOG !!!!!!!!!

It just sat next to me and wagged it's tail, I stroked it's head once or twice and smiled innocently and turned back to my panel, trying not to **** myself (they can smell fear you know!)

The copper came out and went mental at the dog for not barking or biting me, he took it outside and if the RSPCA had seen what he did to it, they would probably have called the police !

Guest Trulloman
Went to a callout on an industrial estate once, police were on site (3 or 4 cars) and bell still ringing......

Control panel was just inside the entrance door, which was open and I had a user code as we were keyholders. I thought i'd better shut the bloody thing up and check the log etc.

While I was doing this, something nudged my leg......... BLOODY GREAT POLICE DOG !!!!!!!!!

It just sat next to me and wagged it's tail, I stroked it's head once or twice and smiled innocently and turned back to my panel, trying not to **** myself (they can smell fear you know!)

The copper came out and went mental at the dog for not barking or biting me, he took it outside and if the RSPCA had seen what he did to it, they would probably have called the police !

Hope the dog got its own back on the copper, that dog would probally put its life on the line for him.

Perhaps the dog knew you were a keyholder and were allowed to be in the building? Perhaps there's a lot we don't know about the inner workings of a dogs mind. :ninja:

Perhaps the dog knew you were a keyholder and were allowed to be in the building? Perhaps there's a lot we don't know about the inner workings of a dogs mind. :ninja:

I don't have experience with police dogs but not a single dog has ever bit me. Many of our customers who have dog's are wondering why doesn't their dog even bark to me. I just ask do people usually yell to each others..

I have got few dog's and I would say that dogs understand much more than people could guess. Especially those who don't have dog's themselves.

THAT copper should be taken to the court for abuse of an animal. Sounds like the copper haven't got enough training in handing and reading his dogs mind..

Guest Trulloman

You either love dogs ar you hate them, I personally love them, have four myself, I find people who hate them have never had one and and are scared of them.

A dog will pick up on this and take advantage of it, even the mildest of dogs and appear to be the most agressive dog on the planet untill you show it your not afraid even if its snarling and barking at you. Haven't lost a hand yet.

bell still ringing......you wernt the burglar were you.. :ninja:

Archived