Security Installer Community

Apprenticeship Training - Maybe ADT

The Comet

OK cheers for the advice Vince. So a hub would be an office in a town where engineers work out from, but it isnt a 'local office/centre' as such?

It could be, it depends on who is using the illustration and why. Some people like to use fancy phrases cos they think it sounds good(they think).I like to call a spade a spade. English is hard enough without using complicated hidden meaning. I like to keep it plain and simple like what I am. I hate all this politically correct stuff as well but that's an other subject.

You can have wheels within wheels so to use an other illustration a head office is a hub with branches(saterlites) offices arround it these branch offices in turn may be hubs for smaller area offices which in turn ...... get it? As Albert E said it's all relative.

PS got to go now and earn some pennies

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Why not try Initial Fire & Security apprentice scheme. Its one of the best around. I dare say ADTs is good as well. But I have seen the apprentices that have come from the Initial scheme. On of the ones that came out about 4 years ago was the best engineer I had when I left and thats saying something on the guys that have been in the indsutry for some 25 years.

cheers Kev

Were running two apprentices at our branch(Initial) at the moment, from what I can gather every branch will take on a new apprentice once a year for the next couple of years.

The training centre is based in Blackburn or Preston, cant remember which, but it has just won an award for being the best of its kind in the industry.

I cant fault the apprentices we have, so put Initial on your list of employers to try. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

I did take a look at the //.National Installer.// but it doesnt explain much about the area you will be working in.. weather its local or not.

I will try again, if you check out the //.National Installer.// web site you will find out where your "local" branch is. You could also use that information to figure out what local means with reference to the location of that branch.

Lets assume that if the branch was Newcastle then you would be working within the North East of England, using the brach locator you can then work out the area that branch covers and that would be what local means to //.National Installer.//.

Every question you have asked here so far can be answered via the //.National Installer.// web site, if you really want to know the answers that is.

No, that isnt what i exactly ment. What im confused about (and still am now) is the fact that the website says that my 'local' office (nearest office) is Leicester. If i was to start an apprenticeship with //.National Installer.//, where would i be working with an engineer? In my home town everyday? Or Leicester.

That is why i have been trying to figure out if there are offices that arnt advertised, but the engineers work from them.

Well if the Leicester branch covers a certain area you can be certain you will be working anywhere within that branch area. You can take it for granted you wont be working in your home town everyday. It would depend on where they have work and where you live but in theory it will be anywhere in your branch's area.

I think it would be safe to say that there will be occasions that you would have to make your own way to and from the branch. When you get teamed up with an engineer he may pick you up but what if he lives on the other side of the branch area ?. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Archived