Security Installer Community

Hello to you all !

Taylormade

Hello everyone, just a little note to introduce myself to the forum for the first time. My main background is in Telecommunications, installing PABX's and voicemail's, Cat5e & fibre optic networks. I took the plunge early this year to set up my own company in telecommunications (Taylormade Telecoms & Data).

So I could broaden my opportunities I decided to also offer the installation of Alarms as a service and attended the course at pyronix then installed a few alarms for friends & my own property. I love technology and learning new skills.

Whilst I have been installing Alarms, people increasingly ask me if i can install CCTV, Not wanting to turn down business, I bought a PC DVR card and installed a 4 camera solution at my home which went fine. My next Project was a 16 camera install, again with a PC DVR card, had a few probs with existing PC settings but nothing major. I then installed a 6 Camera install PC DVR again, wish I had never started it, PC was riddled with Viruses & Spywear, card would not uninstall, In the end I ended up building a stand alone PC for customer

and installed it on that. I am now looking to steer away from the PC Card and looking to go dedicated. Have a customer who has a leisure centre with 10 exteral Baxall monocrome cams with external IR lamps and a broken Time lapse VCR, he wants to upgrade to colour day/night and a DVR. I still have an awfull lot to learn and its a steep learning curve so will be looking for advice from time served CCTV engineers on the forum.

Look Forward to speaking to you alll

Hi Geezer,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here and have a good look around, there's plenty to see :)

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Hi

your first mistake was to use Y3K and the likes, i find any company that sells diect to the public usually is a waste of space to the trade installer.

Try looking at Norbain, especially for the sports centre, or Dynamic.

hi there and welcome to the forums

i would have to agree with above stick with stand alone dvrs and as for you lesuire centre have a good look at some of the better quality equipment

regards mark

Thanks for the advice Chaps, look forward to speaking to you all in the future !!!!

:!:

Hi ! Taylormade you've been busy! as above I would agree stick to the larger suppliers and dont forget gardiner security one of what must be the three biggest,suggest you contact them and ask to speak to area sales guy for cctv they are very helpfull and will almost certainly offer a free site visit and advise with spec for your leisure centre (they are very proactive with new customer advice in my area).

Welcome to the forem by the way.

Paul. :green:

Archived