Security Installer Community

Viewing Log on Accord XPC

Guest Gaz

I have an Accord XPC which has been working fine for a couple of years. However, last week we left the alarm on whilst we were away and it activated twice during this time. No one had entered the premises so they look like false activations.

Now when I view the alarm log, rather than one zone accompanying each beep, for the first 2 beeps, I get a continous list of zones from 3-8, then 4-8 displayed. The weird thing is my alarm only has 5 zone configured.

Does anyone know why I'd see zones 6-8 on the log ??

Thanks for anyones help..

I don't know for sure but it sounds like it may have been a power problem that caused the 2 activations. It's possible that the spare zones can cause activations when not linked out with resistors, especially when coupled with power problems.

That's all I can think of anyway.

If you don't know......ask.

It sounds like it's displaying remote reset request, can you set and unset the system still?

If not then I'd have to say it's a remote reset code it's displaying.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Thanks for the info. I am able to set and unset the alarm okay and it appears to be working fine in all respects. The only strange thing is the log running through to zone 8.

Thanks for the info. I am able to set and unset the alarm okay and it appears to be working fine in all respects. The only strange thing is the log running through to zone 8.

Hi Gaz

I agree with my mate Brian that it is probably loss of power to all the powered detectors. If unused zones are not linked out as "strongly recommended" by the manufacturer then I suggest you or your service engineer do so at the first opportunity. I guess zones 1&2 are contacts so would not be affected by power loss.

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Trulloman

Could be zone 3 was the cause of the activation, other zones showing up as the others say because of power possibally due to the load of the sounders causing zones 4 upwards to drop out.

Do you have a maintenance contract, if so get your installer to check the spare zones are programmed to O (not used) in all three groups full/part & night sets, and check the battery.

Try setting your alarm and tripping zone 3 only (may need two people to do this) and see if log reports the same.

Archived