Security Installer Community

Accenta

Guest bobcat

Can anyone help?

I installed an Accenta 8 panel about 2 years ago with 3 remote keypads, was working fine until a lightning strike. Now keypads beep twice every ten minutes or so. All functions are working fine and keypads dont beep when alarm is set. I have had to isolate panel as beeping is annoying. I have also tried clearing nvm and resetting but pads still beeping.

Is the chime on, been called out before where a panel makes a noise every ten minutes before either a flat smoke detector above the keypad or the living room PIR was set to chime.

Agreed

Is the chime on, been called out before where a panel makes a noise every ten minutes before either a flat smoke detector above the keypad or the living room PIR was set to chime.

No I tried that. Its a different tone to the chimes and all 3 keypads are doing it and when it beeps no lights are showing on the pad. Also beeps seem to be at very regular intervals. Thanks for suggestion though

No I tried that. Its a different tone to the chimes and all 3 keypads are doing it and when it beeps no lights are showing on the pad. Also beeps seem to be at very regular intervals. Thanks for suggestion though

Hi

You said it all when you said lightning strike, in my experience the best thing to do is change the control panel and if necessary each and/all of the key pads. This might sound a bit drastic but in the long run it could work out cheaper than messing about with the programming and then find it still plays up.

Lightning strikes do very strange things to microprocessor/electronic equipement like make chips go half logic level or float to where it shouldn't be then by means of a counter hitting a certain number of counts kickes a signal out which may periodically cause "bleeps" and the annoying thing is no 2 faults are the same (not very often anyway).

If it's any consollation the same can happen to very expensive panels

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Before you do anything as drastic as changing the panel, I would down power the system completely and see if the beeping stops.

In my experience whenever a customer has reported a beeping noise from the alarm system its always turned out to be something other than the alarm system.

Smoke detectors are the highest culprits, but mobile phones and messages left on answer phones are also popular beepers.

On top of that the accenta panel doesnt have a beep indication service timer or otherwise (does have chime though)

I would be interested to know if it does turn out to be the panel though, there is a first time for everything, however unlikely.

Pete

Hi

I agree with Peter that the highest culprits are usually smoke detectors with batteries that are about to die so yes do check these first. Even mains ones should have their back up batteries changed at the appropriate times. However also make sure (if you do have mains smoke/heat detectors) that the lightning strike did not trip the mains feed to the smoke detectors.

Some makes of speech dialers also bleep when they have activated and require resetting or if they have lost their proggramming but they would not stop when the panel was set would they Pete?

Don't forget we can only second guess and perhaps point you in the right direction(or not as the case may be) as these are only our oppinions.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Archived