Security Installer Community

scope paging transmitter

Done quite a few onto galaxy panels, fairly easy but dont forget to get a printer interface(RS232). :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

i figured i would need an rs232 mod, but how does the paging transmitter know exactly what text to send? How does it get set up in the galaxy programming? Is it microtech format? And does the scope unit simply recognise this?

I have fitted them on guardian systems and it is easy, as the scope instantly recognises the protocol.

cheers

mike

Intruder & Fire Member

Not familiar with the scope paging system, but if it's anything like the Becatech paging system i've done then it dead simple to setup.

Check options 28 (online print) and 29 (online level) in the Parameters section of galaxy programming.

The becatech ones just send any text that was meant for the printer, so setting online level to 0 (default) you just get basic events such as setting, unsetting, alarms and the like.

egg03064.gif

• 1 year later...

We have a customer that has a Scope Datapage manual transmitter (looks like a large calculator with an aerial)

and wants to change to a different make - anyone recommend an alternative?

I have never had any probs with Scope but this customer is not impressed!!

Fire Member

hi all, have any of you fitted a scope paging transmitter to a galaxy panel? or any other intruder panel? Just wondered if it possible, and if so how it is done?

cheers

mike

If you want a pre-programed scope unit that gives a message for one of several fixed inputs fired off of the intruder panels outputs then ask scope to program this when you order it.

Otherwise are you asking for a data link type that displays text off of the panel directy from an RS232 interface? (Done this on several fire jobs but never on a intruder) In this case Scope will want to sell you the very expensive universal interface which can be programed in learn mode to match any RS232 output protocol, convert it into Scope protocol and then feed into the TX unit. Not cheap stuff BTW but very good kit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived