Security Installer Community

camper van ?

daiashthomas

right then

my uncles got a camper van yeah

he wants a camera mounted high up on back of camper looking down towards the bumper for parking and reversing

i'm thinking fixed lens sealed unit with few IR leds

fixed lens fairly wide but not ridiculous.

as it's only a short distance would like to use alarm cable for video signal

(may even treat him and use the reverse light switch to trigger supply to camera and monitor to auto switch on when reversing)

or he may opt for straight forward power switch

and a 7" tft which could be dash mounted or free standing preferably with av inputs and a tv tuner and built in speakers

(and possibly able to operate on 12v d.c and 240v mains)

reason i want a tft with inputs and tuner is so that when camper is parked up the screen can be quickly unplugged and plugged in mains in main lounge area of camper and used for xbox and ps2 or tv.

i've never installed cctv on car or mobile vehicle b4 and am open to all toughts good and bad

thanks in advance

D.A.Thomas

Installation Engineer

Gem Security Services Ltd

South Wales

Trade Member

Have you thought about, or even heard of, a vehicle reversnig camera?

I had for a reversing camera on my Partner a colour covert board camera in the door above the numberplate looking down onto the rear bumper. Small hole and covered with a bit of a lid off a transparent box of some sort and wired in some small co-ax\3 core alarm combo cable stuff I had about the place. For a dash monitor I got a motorised dash mounted TFT TV with 1 reversed and one standard AV input for not a great amount. Fantastic apart from reversing at night was a bit vague!

COP sell reversing cameras in kit form as below, as do many other outlets. Quite a common thing to be able to buy now.

A Kit containing a 15-CW30 medium resolution monochrome reversing camera, a 15-MB05M monochrome monitor and 20 meters of cable complete with vehicle connectors.

The kit contains everything required to fit a camera system to vehicle. The camera provides a mirror image output so it acts just like a rear view mirror when fitted to the back of a vehicle.

The monitor requires a 11 to 30 volt supply and can be powered from any vehicle, the camera is powered from the monitor.

There are two camera inputs allowing a second camera to be fitted, cameras are selected by buttons on the monitor or by an input for automatic switching to rear view camera when reverse gear engaged.

Features include:- 

Camera

1/3" CCD,

0.1 Lux @ f 2,

420 TV Lines,

3.6mm lens,

12v operation,

Lens options,

Weather proof housing,

Fixing bracket.

Monitor

5 inch screen

800 TVL

Fixing bracket

12 - 30v DC operation

12 v output to camera

2 camera inputs

Input for automatic switching to rear view camera when reverse gear engaged

Cable

20 metre

post-1678-1128033869_thumb.jpg

No?

:whistle:

70390[/snapback]

It would appear that Ian has covered that bit so that's that one done. ;) I was just thumbing through the 458 COP catalogues I have here to see what was actually on offer as I couldn't actually remember where I'd seen them.

I take it she didnt object? :whistle:

70391[/snapback]

Soooooo many possibilities here, being a mod though I won't actually post any of them here.

Have you thought about, or even heard of, a vehicle reversnig camera?

I had for a reversing camera on my Partner a colour covert board camera in the door above the numberplate looking down onto the rear bumper. Small hole and covered with a bit of a lid off a transparent box of some sort and wired in some small co-ax\3 core alarm combo cable stuff I had about the place. For a dash monitor I got a motorised dash mounted TFT TV with 1 reversed and one standard AV input for not a great amount. Fantastic apart from reversing at night was a bit vague!

70387[/snapback]

any chance of a picture of the camera actually installed on the vehicle ?

and possibly a picture of the screenwith field of view ?

and to all that mentioned it.....

yes i have heard of the vehicle reversing kits but would like to achive more of a birds eye view :bruce_h4h:

Trade Member

Ah, well, slight problem there on the photo front as I got rid of the van 12 Months ago shortly after the screen was nicked.

If you want a birdseye view then mount the camera at the top of the rear of the van looking down.

This is one. I got out of my Catalogue.

70526[/snapback]

that looks fairly tidy

what sorta size is it as i wouldn't want anything bigger than a tennis ball (rough i know but tennis ball was only thing i could come up with LOL)

whats build quality and picture like ?

and where could i get one from ?

Trade Member

Archived