Security Installer Community

camper van ?

daiashthomas

Size is 80x105x105. I just read those off the technical specifications on the picture above.

I would have thought that most of the online CCTV suppliers, such as rfconcepts etc..., would have a similar camera.

Try www.ckbtrading.co.uk these guys have been around for years and are used to installing on refuse/ quarry/ articulated/ campervan and horsebox vehicles

Very cost effective colour kit, easy to install.

A couple of things to bear in mind

Monitor must not be on when the vehicle is in forward gear (thus the Reverse gear input)

Monitor must not obscure too much of the windscreen this is the main reason that 5" are more popular than 7"

For ideas have a look at your binmen on their next visit, dustcarts always have the camera mounted high (for obvious reasons)

First of all I'd have a look at a professional reversing camera in situ. We hired a Nissan Almera Tino while on holidat this year. The SE model has a reversing camera as standard. Worth a trip to your local Nissan dealer to see how its is mounted. They have what looks like a micro cam built into a special moulding around the number plate, I think it points too far down, giving a bird's-eye view, so check this out before you start drilling hole in the camper van.

Most reversing cams are very industrial. We have fitted a few of these to horse boxes. http://www.2seetv.co.uk/acatalog/Vehicle_C...d_Monitors.html

If the van has a reversing light then you do not need an IR camera. I would investigate if there is space to fit a board cam/micro cam alongside the number plate light. The board cam needs to fitted from the inside to aviod water penetration. You can now get a 5" monitor built into a sun visor. Very neat.

Archived