Security Installer Community

Choose a DVR

Guest Rockford

we use mainly cbc's ganz dvr's, i know they're alot cheaper than most and that they aren't 100% user friendly, but our clients won't go for anything else because it's way too expensive. in south africa, a 16ch triplex ganz costs around R20k - R25k thats, like 2000 pounds. do you know of any other makes that would come in at around the same price? how do you guys rate ganz :hmm:

Depending on the Ganz DVR model, theyre cheaper than that here!

Ganz is all rebadged models of something else, generally its good kit i find.

Thats the problem with Vista kit though, it looks cheap cack even if its good and that makes a difference in some cases.

May not be user friendly but a Vista system triplex is far better than a DM and for the price id say quality is better than looking nice and having fancy buttons! :fear:

Dallmier is a very good unit

Chris

yup, Vista Triplex excellent and happily replaces Baxall PTZ command over coax MPX's (if you fit the keyboard). ruddy good tech backup too if needed.

cheaper is ezcctv.com using geovision cards pre-built or component supply only. absolutely excellent techincal backup and a great company to deal with. ok kit is based on XP, but no need for fixed ip for remote viewing over ip (works on DDNS to Geovision private server).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

[quote name='ian.cant' date='Jun 6 2006, 08:32 PM' post='101807'

Thats the problem with Vista kit though, it looks cheap cack even if its good and that makes a difference in some cases.

Thats when you buy the GE security triplex as its manfactured by the same company as the Vista and the unit looks a bit better. All designed and made in USA I believe ;)

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Guest netvisiondvr

personally,i like the HW DVR board better,it uses less CPU resource.and

there is almost not copy products.service after sales is certainly very important,we could look at the following websit:http://www.netvisiondvr.com

personally,i like the HW DVR board better,it uses less CPU resource.and

there is almost not copy products.service after sales is certainly very important,we could look at the following websit:http://www.netvisiondvr.com

Could that be because you work for them! :whistle:

If the customer has a big budget id go for a Vista System Triplex, DM, Dallmier or Dowshu. They got to be the best on High Spec,Mid Range market

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Could that be because you work for them! :whistle:

If the customer has a big budget id go for a Vista System Triplex, DM, Dallmier or Dowshu. They got to be the best on High Spec,Mid Range market

Chris

QFA, Yup, they get my vote too, but many clients go for low cost before quality - its a grudge buy after all :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

DM Sprite DVR are very easy to install, program and operate, technical support will get back to you eventually!

It has all the standard expected features for a couple of grand and is available anywhere, main problem with the unit is that the boot up information is held on the hard drive, if the hard drive fails you can't just swop the drives and re power, it has to go back to base.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
By the way your talking I get the impression that your buying cheapy cheap cheap cheapo DVR's?

Videoswitch are ok for a budget dvr.

Or get yourself a Norbain account and look at some propper DVR's.

I wouldn't say Video Switch were budget DVR.....

There's loads of posts\topics on the forum about this. Search for them and see what you find, quite a few good guides around. ;)

Sounds like something simple you've overlooked, shouldn't be too difficult to sort. Probably IP address issues or port forwarding not set up on the router.

Fixed IP is going to be the IP address assigned in the network to the DVR - eg 192.168.2.3

Gateway is the IP address of the router - eg 192.168.2.0

Subnet Mask is almost always going to be 255.255.255.255

On a network the router normally has the lowest address - so "0" on the end - extra machines using the router then normally are identified by the last digit "1", "2", "3" etc.

The above applies to a simple network say at home or office - addng an IP into an existing network will require information about the network and existing IP addresses etc.

Arfur?

*.*.*.0 is the network range, not an address. The lowest usable address is *.*.*.1 (e.g. 192.168.0.1).

The subnet mask would most likely be 255.255.255.0. 255.255.255.255 would mean the DVR could only talk to itself.

By default the Netgear DG834 (I assume this is what the OP is using) uses the 192.168.0.0 network range.

Archived