Security Installer Community

paying the price of false alarms!

Guest bassman

The engineer code should not be given to the end user. We as a company give free remote resets for older systems. All newly installed systems do not require resets unless a confirmed intruder has activated.

Because your system was installed before the rules changed, your system calls the Police without confirming there is an intruder.

The rules are as follows: If the system calls the Police it should only be able to be reset by the instalation company, this is to ensure that the company is always called when your alarm is activated, and that the reason for false activation is solved preventing further false calls to the Police.

You could ask the installer to upgrade you,re system to a DD243 compliant system, this will let you reset the alarm yourself unless the activation is confirmed.

Of course this would mean that Police would only be called when two seperate detectors have activated.

I hope this helps

Pete

68090[/snapback]

mmmm..if i was cynical...

Nobody should be touching the devices at all - my point simply was that they do. Do most companies put tampers as engineer only resets?

68017[/snapback]

Only us here.. :blink: ..and too rarely...

thanks everyone. something i failed to point out is that the 'false alarms' i am talking about are user error, opening the wrong door first etc. we have been without the system so long it takes a bit of getting used to.

looks like i'm stuck, i pay to change company which will be more than the £70, or pay the £70 and swap company in a year before my next payment is due. whatever i do i need the system running for when i go away in a couple of weeks.

or, i might ring them up and tell them what you guys have told me....

cheers paul

i might ring them up and tell them what you guys have told me....
If overall your happy with the services they provide, then phone them up and voice your concerns. Most companies will do their best to keep good customers.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

in the event of a false alarm we would have to call them out, at £50 a shot.

They did mention that for a further £70 a year I could have a service whereby in the event of a false alarm we could ring a number and they would reset it, which sounds fine in principle except I

egg03064.gif

Archived