Security Installer Community

False alarms

amateurandy

I had about 15V induced AC which reduced to 0.12V AC after fitting the suppressor.

66017[/snapback]

I would have a serious look at your system this is way to high in the first place, a high value would be 5 to 9 volts but 15v somthing needs looking at.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I would have a serious look at your system this is way to high in the first place, a high value would be 5 to 9 volts but 15v somthing needs looking at.

66074[/snapback]

Interesting; any suggestions what to look for?

I know for a fact that none of the alarm cables run parallel or close to any mains power around the house, and only a couple cross lighting cables at right angles between the joists. The power to the unit comes in from below and everything else leaves going up.

Could it be a faulty power supply? There just seems to be a transformer which provides what I would guess is low-voltage AC output to the main PCB; presumably conversion to DC is on the same single board as everything else?

It's an ADE Accenta G3.

66074[/snapback]

Never checked a Veritas then? I constantly find around 10-18v with no real adverse effects. I would personally only clamp it down if it was having fa's though.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I wouldnt be too worried about it andy, keep the filter fitted and you should be ok.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived