Security Installer Community

IE 7 Beta 1

Service Engineer

Firefox SUCKS, dunno what everyone was ranting about..OPERA is much better..!

Gave it a fair shot, but deleted it last weekend after a good 2 week try-out.

63282[/snapback]

IE SUCKS mate, like a big sucky thing on a big sucky day.

bloated, bug ridden, more holes in it's security than swiss cheese !!!

Firefox, small, much fewer bugs and MUCH more secure than ie since the majority of the spyware that plugs into IE dosn't work under firefox :)

I noticed M$ have developed (or is that copied) tabbed browsing for IE.

I'm sure the new IE will be as bad as the previous version, matches the rest of their products really.

Oh, and some websites don't display properly in firefox because the webmaster has written the page in non standard html using M$'s "custom" extentions that dosn't comply to any standard at all. :realmad:

Regards

Bellman

(ardent firefox and linux user)

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

IE SUCKS mate, like a big sucky thing on a big sucky day.

bloated, bug ridden, more holes in it's security than swiss cheese !!!

Im not a big IE fan, I much prefer Opera, your entitled to your opinion, but i do use IE daily. I find it fast & stable, and know it will display evey page I visit CORRECTLY regardless of which program it was compilled with unlike Firefox and to a lesser extent Opera.

As for Linux, :roflmao::mfr_omg:hitit

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest PhAlarms

Try Avant Browser

its like firefox only better

Avant Browser website

Top 10 reasons to use Avant Browser

Flash Animation Filter: More than 85% of all flash animation on web pages is advertising. These flash files are pretty large, and normally take up to 90% of the size of the page you're visiting. With Avant Browser you can save this bandwidth by blocking the download of these flash files with just one easy click. Avant Browser also provides options to block downloads of pictures, videos, sounds and ActiveX components. With these options users can control their bandwidth and speed up page loading.

Built-in Pop-up Blocker: Easily eliminate unwanted pop-up pages automatically with just one click.

Additional Mouse Functions: If you click a link in the web page with the middle mouse button, the link will be opened in a new window in the background. And there are two handy mouse gestures in Avant Browser. The first allows you to navigate backward one step by holding the right button down and then clicking on the left button simultaneously. The second allows you to navigate forward one step by reversing the buttons used: hold left, and click right.

Multi-Window Browsing: Browse multiple web pages simultaneously. All opened pages can be easily stopped, refreshed, closed or arranged with one click.

Real Full Screen Mode and Alternative Full Desktop mode: When you enable Full Screen Mode, all you see is the webspace, with no toolbars or other clutter. They are simply autohidden! Move your mouse over the top or bottom and find the toolbar and tab bar respectively. Avant Browser also provides Full Desktop Mode, which is the same as Full screen mode, but differs in that your windows task bar stays visible.

Built-in Yahoo/Google Search Engine: Avant Browser provides a built-in search engines, Yahoo and Google. Built-in search engines enable user to search for web pages, images, groups, directories, news, lyrics and software in Internet. International users will be glad to know that you can set avant to utilize any of up to 64 google mirrors by default!

Full IE Compatibility: Avant Browser comes with all Internet Explorer functions, including Cookies, ActiveX Controls, Java Script, Real player and Macromedia Flash. IE bookmarks are automatically imported into Avant Browser.

Records Cleaner: With Avant Browser, you can easily keep your privacy by deleting Typed Addresses, Auto-Complete Passwords, Cookies, History of Visited Web Sites, Temporary Internet Files and Search Keywords.

Safe Recovery: If Avant Browser is closed improperly, all open web pages are saved and will be automatically reopened at next startup.

Skins: Express your creativity by making a skin for Avant using a custom, easy to use program called Avant Browser Skin Factory, or use any of the many and varied skins made by other users.

Guest Beaker
As for Linux, :roflmao:  :mfr_omg:  hitit

63409[/snapback]

Faster, More Secure, more reliable, Free, Based on 40 years of getting it right (UNIX). Runs more webservers than Windows has a hope of doing, can't be virus infected unless you install the virus yourself.

Yeah, it's _really_ bad ;)

As for Linux, :roflmao:  :mfr_omg:  hitit

63409[/snapback]

Hmm, strange since the site software was designed for *nix / Linux :P

And just how many times has the IIS server that runs this site fell over recently ? :whistle:

Bet an apache server running on linux would be more stable. :yes:

apart from this machine (that dual boots with suse) and one laptop, the rest of the machines in the house are all linux based.

the 1 gig p3 suse box toasts the 1.4gig running win 2000, and i don't have to reboot the suse box every 3 weeks like i do the windows machine.

Regards

Bellman

Faster, More Secure, more reliable, Free, Based on 40 years of getting it right (UNIX). Runs more webservers than Windows has a hope of doing
No one, especially me will dispute the fact that servers running on linux are more reliable than windows servers, in fact almost any nix is more reliable.
can't be virus infected unless you install the virus yourself.
If you think that then you are misled.? There are many Viruses, Trojans etc specifically aimed at you nix users.

Those who use Linux, fine that's your choice, I've tried several variants from caldera to redhat, linux is ok for those happy with it's limitations. Windows is my preffered operating system, yeah it's not perfect but, it is the OS that 99% of all applications are designed to run on. Like 99% of sites are designed to be viewed by IE.

This thread was started just to ask if anyone else was trying IE7, I wanted user opinions on it, not a bunch of penguin lovers replying with "I hate IE propoganda".

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

No one, especially me will dispute the fact that servers running on linux are more reliable than windows servers, in fact almost any nix is more reliable.

If you think that then you are misled.? There are many Viruses, Trojans etc specifically aimed at you nix users.

Agreed, there are several viruses around that infect unix and it's variants, most exploit bugs or lax users that log in as root with all the associated privilages.

*nix is inherantly more secure because of it's permission based system.

Those who use Linux, fine that's your choice, I've tried several variants from caldera to redhat, linux is ok for those happy with it's limitations. Windows is my preffered operating system, yeah it's not perfect but, it is the OS that 99% of all applications are designed to run on.

Great, I'm pleased your happy with it, each to their own mate, virtually anything I need to do I can do perfectly well with Linux.

Like 99% of sites are designed to be viewed by IE.
Whereas they *SHOULD* be designed for use with industry standard protocols. Another classic example of M$ and their "embrace and extend" lock in tactics. :no:
This thread was started just to ask if anyone else was trying IE7, I wanted user opinions on it, not a bunch of penguin lovers replying with "I hate IE propoganda".

Sorry Dave, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Perhaps I should have just posted "No, I don't use it" and left it at that. :unsure:

Penguin lover :joker: I like it ;) Be careful the freeBSD lot don't come after you, they are Imps and proud of it :whistle:

Regards

Bellman

Guest Beaker

63448[/snapback]

only if logged in as root, normal users can't install anything without using the root password, unless of course they haven't put a root password in.

Anyhow, yeah i'm using IE7 and Vista on the lappy, and not having a good time with it. The OS is vile, IE7 doesn't do anything special, and STILL bends over to let people install any old cack on it. :realmad:

Guest gerardcraggs

I AM USING IE7 AND FIND IT VERY STABLE, AND I THINK THE TABBED BROWSING WORKS BETTER THAN FIREFOX.

I STOPPED USING IE MONTHS AGO WHEN I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH VIRUSES AND TROJENS, SINCE I STOPPED USING IT I HAVE NOT HAD ANY.

THE FIRST SIGN OF ANYMORE AND IE7 WILL BE HISTORY.

GERRY

Archived