Security Installer Community

IE 7 Beta 1

Service Engineer

Just wondering if anyone is trying out Beta1..?

The RSS reader is spot on, no need for seperate application.:)

The first stage of the beta process for Internet Explorer 7 has begun

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Firefox SUCKS, dunno what everyone was ranting about..OPERA is much better..!

Gave it a fair shot, but deleted it last weekend after a good 2 week try-out.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Just wondering if anyone is trying out Beta1..?

63280[/snapback]

Use Firefox here, but here is some reading on IE7

http://www.windowsitpro.com/articles/index...articleid=47208

My advice is simple: Boycott IE. It's a cancer on the Web that must be stopped. IE isn't secure and isn't standards-compliant, which makes it unworkable both for end users and Web content creators. Because of their user bases, however, Web developers are hamstrung into developing for IE at the expense of established standards that work well in all other browsers. You can turn the tide by demanding more from Microsoft and by using a better alternative Web browser. I recommend and use Mozilla Firefox, but Apple Safari (Macintosh only) and Opera 8 are both worth considering as well

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest Beaker

Since 1.0.2 Firefox has been pretty sweet. I won't use IE because it's too integrated into the OS for my tastes. I've got the Betas of Both Vista and IE running on the main laptop (3.00Ghz P4, 1Gb, 60GB 7200RPM, 9700Mobile) and it stinks. Thankfully i didn't wipe my Fedora install and nuked the XP partition instead.

IE7 is only a beta, but it shouldn't be _this_ buggy. It feels more like an development group closed Alpha test to me.

I use Netscape8 Beta mainly (Based on Mozilla as is firefox but a little bit more feature rich). That isn't quite as fast as Firefox, but it beats the living daylights out of IE6 or 7.

Anything connected to Microsoft is like wireless alarm system.

If you can sudgest wireless alarm for your commercial customer PLEASE install Microsoft products on to your computer. You have deserved it ALL.

Guest Beaker
If your about to install any MS software you could start to use wireless gear.

if so, you deserve it all.

63363[/snapback]

lets be fair, M$ make quite possibly the best Point and Drool interface there is. Doesn't require any ability to learn anything beyond a mouse button, and they have a Magic marketing team.

However any of my Boxen will put any M$ install out there to shame for speed, reliabilty and uptime.

Archived