Security Installer Community

Small Home System Recommendations

Guest matt332

Guest matt332

I am looking for a small home system that will be relatively easy to fit (for a competant DIYer!) and programme and be reliable.

I considered the Infinite Wireless system but have been put off it by the cost and negative feedback on wireless systems. I am now looking for a wired system to install on the ground floor of my new home.

My home is brand new with all flooring in place. I have a vertical soil pipe duct which I can break into for the bell box cabling. I consider my upper floors to be secure enough not to be alarmed (as do my local installers).

I want to include:

Entrance/Hallway - 1 PIR & 1 Door contact, Remote Keypad

Garage - Door Contact, Alarm Panel

Utility - Door Contact (Cats are kept in this room)

Study - PIR (room has doors but no need for door contact as well??)

1 x live bell box (to front) + 1 x dummy to rear.

I have been recommended this kit by Alert Electrical:

http://www.alertelectrical.com/product.asp...ID=0&prodID=143

If there is anything better or more suited to my needs I would like to hear your opinions.

Also - any tips on routing cables behind walls?

Thanks

Guest matt332

Thank you. Do you think this system is ok to fit for a capable DIY'er. From what I'm reading the most difficult part will be in the programming. I am a neat meticulous person and am confident I can hide all the wires. (It's not the most difficult layout and all on one floor). I am more concerned about the quality of the instructions, wiring the correct components to the right terminals and programming. I have a sparky mate who can connect the system to the mains (which I gather is a small part of it!) I do like a challenge but don;t want bells ringing in the dead of night!!!

Thank's for any advice.

Programming is relatively easy, especially if you have half a brain and can read. I am sure that if you have any questions on any aspect there are loads of people on this forum who would be more than happy to provide advice.

Police or Council? Good luck with either :unsure:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Ive fitted hundreds of those panels with no problem, they are quite easy to program.

Do yourself a favour, run a spare cable up to the loft, you may want a detector on the landing after you are broken into via a first floor window, a PIR on the landing confines the intruder to one room.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived