Security Installer Community

Premier 24 queries

Guest ckf

Hi guys,

I've hung around these forums for a while, but only just registered today.

We've recently moved to installing Premier 24's and have had mixed feedback from customers after no longer using Pyronix kit. I wonder if someone would mind pointing me in the right direction on some of the problems we've got...

1) We've installed extension speakers to each keypad (2 keypads per installation). Going into Keypad setup and reducing the volume to 1 for Keypad speakers doesn't appear to have any affect at all. I've set it to 8, and it doesn't get any louder either. I had adjusted ALL volume settings available and sod-all happens. We've not connected a speak to the speaker contacts on the panel. Was that a bad idea?

What setting or menu option controls these, or why isn't it responding to the settings?

2) I turned off confirmation tones, so that when arming/disarming at night, the "chirp" isn't heard on arming confirmation. This is related to question 1 as it's very loud. Disabling this, appears to have done nothing!

3) What wireless door contacts would you recommend for this system? Speaking to Texecom, they quoted 4 weeks to their new product being released but we need to install a discreet wireless contact asap! Any ideas?

I'd be really grateful for assistance here as we've now got 3 unhappy customers and we're unsure if moving away from the Stirling 10's has been a good move.

:cry:

Sorry for the large post.

We use 16 ohm speakers always connected to the panel but you are right there isn't a lot of difference in the volumes however setting advisory tones to '1' is usually about right for a domestic however if they still think it is too loud we just use keypad tones for arming and disarming tones. If the alarm is to go into 'alarm' they are full volume anyhow.

One thing you could try is changing the volume of keypad tones in the keypad menu because I bet thats why its not having any effect. The chirp at the end of setting has never caused any of our customers a problem so I guess you are just unlucky lol I havent ever played around trying to get rid of it so sorry!

You could use a visonic power code transmitter and reciever they are fairly small but you could always wire it out of the way in a discreet position and wire in a flush contact onto the two terminals inside the transmitter.

Trade Member

Good move.Good move.Good move. Sterling 10's are a bag of **** its about time they stopped making them. I remember a couple of the lads on hear talking about the volume issue but cant remember the outcome. When the texecom king gets on here im sure he'll help you out. Ive got a prem 24 on my house but didnt fit an extension speaker just use the piezo on the keypad.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

The texecom king isnt sure about volume issues on the prem 24 as we don't use them :unsure:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

The texecom king isnt sure about volume issues on the prem 24 as we don't use them  :unsure:

61290[/snapback]

:slackjaw1: *bellman picks himself up of the floor after fainting with shock* :slackjaw1:

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

checking wintex for programming

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Thanks for your reply.

I thought by running one 6-core to the keypads and linking off that to the sounders would have been a good idea, but I'll probably avoid it next time I install in a persons home that doesn't like sound!!

Personally, I like the volume, but... well I'm not paying the Invoice!

I'd changed the settings you suggested, but it made no differece. What struck me as odd, was that I told the keypad to ignore certain tones(exit/entry) but it still plays them when arming/disarming. Not sure why.

So does that mean we're stuck with the sounders being too loud?

:huh:

Generally when changing advisory i always turn it down to 2, i agree the settings dont seem to make much difference from 3-6 for some reason, in that respect a pot on the panel is always the better option

61300[/snapback]

Is there a pot on the P24? I can't remember now as we've left the customer until tomorrow. She's not letting up on this. What a way to get started on a new brand. :angry:

If there is a pot, will it only affect the speakers on the panel output though?

I agree, the pyronix kit looks very lame now. I really liked the Premiers when installing, but I didn't realise there was a software difference from the 24 to the 48. Gardiner told me they were exactly the same, apart from having more zones. :no:

Why are the confirmation tones still sounding though, when I've switched them off?

Oh, one final question (really sorry about all these questions!), how do I enable part-arm so the user can simply press "Part" and then 1 to arm?

I've been into the menu, configured which zones I want and exited. But the Part key still does nothing.

Many thanks so far.

Much appreciated.

Archived