Security Installer Community

ACET Door entry system

Guest Gerry

Guest Gerry

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to add an external buzzer to our ACET door entry system? The standard muffled buzz isn't enough to hear upstairs.

Guest Gerry

It's audio.

It's simply a phone connecting us to the door, no door opener or anything like that, unfortunately we live in a three storey town house and the handset is on the middle floor.

Do you know the model number and is it two wires from the panel to the handset or is there 5/6 ( you might need to look inside the handset)

If its two wire the anser is no, if its multiwire then a seccond buzzer will be possible.

Wouldn't you be better to think about a seccond hanset rather than a simple buzzer.

Guest Gerry

There's two wires leaving the panel outside the door (Yellow & Blue) and four wires arriving upstairs, (Yellow, Blue, Red & Black). I'm assuming that the additional two wires are from the transformer.

How much would a new handset cost ??

Would it be louder ??

An additional handset would be louder.

As far as costs go, depends on how much work is involved in running a cable from the existing unit to the new position.

Depending on where you are in the country you would probabley be looking at about £100 approx.

What part of the country are you in? one of the guys on these forums in your area will be able to give you a more accurate price.

Guest Gerry

I'm in Nottingham.

Wouldn't a replacement handset for the additional system be the easiest option? Something with a loud enough buzzer. The current one doesn't buzz as such it just makes a static noise.....

"The standard muffled buzz isn't enough to hear upstairs."

Don't people READ THE QUESTIONS any more before making silly statements or asking irrelevent questions in reply? :no:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

"The standard muffled buzz isn't enough to hear upstairs."

Don't people READ THE QUESTIONS any more before making silly statements or asking irrelevent questions in reply?  :no:

60293[/snapback]

As you said

The current one doesn't buzz as such it just makes a static noise.....

Then as Colin said they could be a fault with the system.

Which may or may not be the handset...

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Archived