Security Installer Community

fai help

Guest thomo

Guest thomo

:angry: has anyone on here know of where i can get spares for the fai

" security guard 3,

you will all fall about with lol but it seemed a good idea at the time,but you live and learn dont you ....................

pir eats lithium pp9's do i need a new one ???also would like a servivce manua maybe this is not the right to ask for for but i fell hard done by allready !!!!!

Im totaly stumped, this is one panel ive never even heard off, but as a rule a good quality battery such as Duracell should easily last 12 months in a wireless detector where the cheaper batteries will only last upto a couple of months, ensure you are using the better ALKALINE batteries.

Give a little more information on the panel, perhaps its another model i might know in disguise.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

After doing a little research it seems that this panel is manufactured by NESS for FAI, designed to be mounted in a corner, keyswitch or keyfob operated only.

There are manuals available from http://www.ness.com.au

It is also called "The Post" and is a stand alone unit that sits in one

corner of the room.

Hope this helps.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 2 years later...
:angry: has anyone on here know of where i can get spares for the fai

" security guard 3,

you will all fall about with lol but it seemed a good idea at the time,but you live and learn dont you ....................

pir eats lithium pp9's do i need a new one ???also would like a servivce manua maybe this is not the right to ask for for but i fell hard done by allready !!!!!

i do not know of this equipment,

as it requires a fair 'punch' of current to transmit, radio detectors save battery power by 'sleepin' for 3 minutes after the last activation has occured, a bit like an auto-flood light in inverted operation. if the LED is showing on every movement, this will likely be the 'problem'.

:hmm: it's possible you have the detectors in 'walk test' mode, you should have a link or switch to move or adjust to place in 'normal' or 'set' mode, it may be simply marked as 'walk' or 'test'.

hope it helps B) .

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

has this happened again?, where a old post has come to the top of the pile, and some one has replied to it. ( sure it happened to me on feb 14th. the topic then was sl compact and it was in the diy section of the public forums) :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived