Security Installer Community

Scanny 500+

geov

Ok, Ok, I know it's a wireless and I should have known better....have any of you come across a flashing tamper light when running the "customer" bell test? The system checks out ok otherwise, but I can't find the cause of this problem. That is until one of you tells me something really obvious, much to my disgrace!!

:whistle:

Geov

What kind of flash was it? Regular and timed as if it's suposed to be indicating something, or flickery, patchy and random in a 'that doesnt look right' kinda way. Does it still do it with bell trigger wire disconnected?

As for the obvious thing, could it indicate customer bell test in progress? :P

JOKE !!

egg03064.gif

Sorry forgot to add I was thinking along the lines of the bell taking too much current from the panel causing the volts used to measure the bell tamper to drop so potentially the return signal to the bell tamper input would be quite low, fooling the panel into thinking open circuit bell tamp?

Measure the current going down bell trig and compare it to manufacturers data.

Stab ---> Dark :ninja:

egg03064.gif

What kind of flash was it?  Regular and timed as if it's suposed to be indicating something, or flickery, patchy and random in a 'that doesnt look right' kinda way.  Does it still do it with bell trigger wire disconnected?

As for the obvious thing, could it indicate customer bell test in progress?  :P

JOKE !!

59716[/snapback]

Oh the wit...... ;) It's the regular , "I'm telling you something" kinda flashing thing. Only other point I noticed was that you cannot just press RESET to end the test, but have to input the customer code.

I'll try the disconnect bell trigger/ bell tamp res when I get back to the customer's base.

As always, thanks for the ideas.

Geov

Sounds like the bell isnt wired correctly to the panel - Ive seen this before on a system that we took over - when the system went into alarm the log recorded bell tamper the same time as the bell output would be active (whilst rewiring the bell we discovered connections transposed etc).

Can you test the tamper return voltage during the test to see if it drops. We have a site with a very long bell run and the volt drop brings up a bell tamp fault on a Menvur panel

Trade Member

Can you test the tamper return voltage during the test to see if it drops. We have a site with a very long bell run and the volt drop brings up a bell tamp fault on a Menvur panel

59741[/snapback]

Thanks for the ideas guys. Cant access the site until the beginning of next week - will report on success or otherwise then :)

Geov

Archived