Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 and DIY installation

Guest Arch

cheers for the advice guys have got the pir's now will walk test them to death and if they seem poor will replace them and put it down to experience.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got all the cables ran, all under the floor boards or in the loft tacked to the joists, nice an neat with on the wire at the sensors showing. Will start to wire it all up next week as we are moving all our stuff into the house this week. Anyone got any advice on what order to start connecting up and any tips.

cheers

Just my preferance, but I always wire up the Remote Keypad, and Bellbox first and make sure there working ok.

Then pair off all the detector wires, commoning up all the AUX feeds, and sort the global tamper if applicable. Then check there's no short between the AUX feed and wire in the power to the sensors.

Then i get my zone pairs and measure resistances before wiring them into the panel, and finally if required check the global tamper is ok and wire that in.

Then it's the fun part of programming the panel...:)

TIPS:

1: LABEL ALL THE INCOMING CABLES ie: Hall, Lounge, Kitchen, Landing, Bellbox, RKP, ETC.

2: KEEP IT NEAT

3: DO ALL THE COMMISIONING TESTS, INCLUDING WIRING SCHEDULE.

4: DATE THE BATTERY.

5: RECHECK EVERYTHING

6: DO A FULL SYSTEM TEST, INCLUDING PART SETS.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

7: Relax and have a cup of tea whilst looking at a job well done :yes:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

8. Hoover up all the mess you have just made!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 2 months later...

Nothing ever goes to schedule, finally got down to final instal of this alarm. Decided to go for FSL option seemed most logical choice. Connecting up a doddle spent more time fitting trunking and getting everything neat.

Instal and programming was easy with this panel user inteface really simple would have to say that the instal was much simpler than I thought but given the number of floor boards we had up during renovations it did make running the cables easy, I can imagine that fitting cabling to a house which is not under renovation and hiding the wiring is an artform. Think I will stick to rewiring and fixing the avionics on aircraft its much less hassle.

thanks for the help guys it is much appreciated.

Arch :yes:

Archived