Security Installer Community

Claymoor 4.5 clips

PJF

I have a horror story for you,

One of the engineers is nearly finished an install on a single storey office complex. It used to have an old system in so he starts to remove it, Every thing is going fine until he tries to get the old metal bell box down. He was on ages but it was to rusty to remove, so he has a brain wave :no: . He drills a 20mm hole through each side of the box and feeds a catinery wire through it and then ties it onto the back of his car. At this point the customer is a little conserned about any health and saftey issues so the eng has a chat with him and calms him down. The eng tells the customer to stand back as he jumps into his car, selects first gear, 5000rpm, then releases the clutch.

The bell box came off a treat, what he forgot was the 8 core still connected to it. The cable was about 20m long with approx 40 x 4.5 clips which all flew across the open plan office showering the staff, followed by the 8 core whip lashing through the office and vanishing out of wall.

He still works with us. Not on installs any more

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Ahh the old tie drive technique.

I had a customer years ago, bank manager, thought he could stop the delta bell by ripping it off the wall. He got so fed up with the continual ringing by the time i'd got there he threw the bell in the strongroom and locked the door and. :yes: B)

Bri

trade.gif

Guest IM_Alarms

I remeber turning up at a school where the boiler room was having a refit and the pipefitters thought they could get the old cast iron boilers removed on the cheap as they were down in the basement and were massive........... in come the gypo team, lash it onto the back of the wagon and drag it out the basement along with chunks of wall and pieces of concrete staircase.............. 0h we laughed, ..................... well I seemed to be the only one laughing at the time, but I think they wanted to!! ;)

Now thats a good one. Wehen I was an apprentice electrician with the council we used to be on what was called direct labour. Basically we would blitz a housing estate and refurbish them all up to the current standards. Whilst rewiring one house we couldnt get to the cold water pipe under tha bath to do the bonding. An hour or two passed with all our efforts and no success when the foreman came in and looked upon our predicament, asked for a hammer and proceeded to smash the bath into little pieces, we were popular with the plumbing section then. B)

Bri

trade.gif

Guest IM_Alarms

I worked in a two-up, two-down house in Ware which was part of a long terrace. They were very old and needed refurbishment so the developers had got a couple of lads to remove the lath and plaster ceilings throughout, as it was such a messy job. The guys were armed with brooms and put in the loft to smash down on the ceiling, while all other tradesmen stayed downstairs. About an hour past before a knock at the door,... the neighbour standing there smothered in dirt in his pyjamas. turns out there wasn't a party wall in the loft and if he hadn't have been indoors, they would have done the whole row of houses.

He said that the bedroom was the only room that he had finished in the house!!

Poor fellow. :whistle:

Archived