Security Installer Community

Bellbox power up, wiring

Guest JohnD

Guest JohnD

I'm about to install TS100 bellbox to Texecom Excel. Wondered what the best order to power up from eng mode the bellbox and panel whilst minimising the earful of bellbox sounder. I note there is an ENG terminal on TS100 but not sure how/if I should be using this with a Texecom Excel

You sure its a TS100? I got a feeling you mean its an Elmdene bellox and a HS100.

Read the papers you get with the bell, it explains where to place the jumper links on the bell to make it only sound for 5 seconds.

Power your panel up, put it into engineer mode and leave the bell box connections out. Fit your bellbox to the wall, and wire it appropriately, place the jumper link into the 5 second ring position and connect the bellbox's own batery up, this should make the siren ring and stop after 5 seconds, REMOVE the link now and place it on it's original postion, complete the bellbox and put the cover on. It wont ring now until you actually power it up and sent a trigger to it.

BUT ignore all this if it's not a HS100 from Elmdene. :whistle:

EDIT: Sorry for the slow reply, i'd guess you've allready done it now.

egg03064.gif

Guest JohnD

You are getting close. I just don't like giving that company too much free advertising on this site; they seem to get more than their share already!

I had an alarm system fully purchased from a large regional alarm company. An even bigger company then took them over. No paperwork signing - but this new company still chose to change MY bellboxes for a TS100 during a service without asking before/during or after making the change. Needless to say MY original bellboxes were not handed over to me. I recently moved house and took the TS100/bellboxes with me - so I think I have a pretty good moral claim to ownership...Just need to work out the best way to install the thing to my new system.

Guest JohnD

Thanks JB to for your reply which is a useful bit of info for the forum. I've waited a while now but does anyone else fancy giving a go at replying to either of the 2 questions in my orginal note. :yes: Or let me know if the question is unclear?

I think JB covers it all.If you have the bellbox off the wall , why not do a dry run with the bell attached to the panel by a short piece of 6 core.Wire the bell (eng link on), then wire into panel, do a bell test (inc SAB test) to ensure correct operation.When confident , get ya ladders out.

Archived