Security Installer Community

Lost drill bit

vandamme

I heard one while on a training course, a engineer was drilling up through a floor in a house with a metre bit, he asked the young lad he was with to go upstairs and tell him when the bit showed through.

After drilling all the way up to the chuck he asked the lad to check in the other bedroom to his supprise he saw the bed sheets spinning around. doh stright through the bed. (explain that one to the customer) :no:

SSAIB Approved.

If it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough

• 2 years later...

Was working in a house which had a large family living in it, they had floored the loft and mattress on the floor for people to use. We were fitting vipers to all the windows, had wired all of downstairs and the other engineer decided to drill into eves for landing window.I am in the loft with my head stuck in the eves space and he keeps asking if I can see it? But even thought he's got 1.5 m drill in I can't see it. Decide I need some air so take myhead out of eves and I notice corner of mattress going up & down with house owner's nephew lying sleeping on mattress. Really close call.

I heard one while on a training course, a engineer was drilling up through a floor in a house with a metre bit, he asked the young lad he was with to go upstairs and tell him when the bit showed through.

After drilling all the way up to the chuck he asked the lad to check in the other bedroom to his supprise he saw the bed sheets spinning around. doh stright through the bed. (explain that one to the customer) :no:

I hate this cowboy trick.

make cable hole [if two of you, one bang up with blunt bit on board] insert cable in hole, drill 20mm hole in board above and fish. thats how it should be done. ;)

No the real way to pull cables in is to get some highly trained mice with micro dewalt drill set (purchasable from me for the discount price of lots of dosh)set them to it obviosly with a hand written spec in mouse language and then go to the pub for a few hours, return to site pack away mice programe and test system and get it signed off.

I may have just gone completly mad. :hmm:

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Archived