Security Installer Community

silent witness

Guest darylfrench

Guest darylfrench

we install the silint witness static domes with day and night board and some of them are starting to stay in b/w anyone else had this problem

Yeah, we stopped using them because of the exact same problem, they switch to b&w overnight and stay like it until about lunchtime or 5 minutes before an engineer arrives.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

We also avoid using them now. Gardiners had to send the unit back to America (or Canada)to investigate the problem and were unable to refund us until they had reported on it. Estimated time approx 8 weeks !!

Dont fit them any longer - also over priced!

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

I have not seen any better domes than the silent witness range, We recently added some domes to an takeover and the problem was we fitted GE domes, when the originals were silent witness. The difference was shocking, We normally fit silent witness but this time the price had to be low. False economy as I spent 3HRS trying to get the GE image remotely close to the rest of the silents. I wasnt a happy camper that day. Even with the light level & peak to peak meters coming out of storage we couldnt match the silents. :no:

I have probally fitted this year about 20 silents with no problems. Yes I have had faults on them in the past few years but I dont mind that kind of failier rate. Compaired to our prefered alarm panel with 1 in 10 going pear shape, Im happy with the silents.

cheers

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Ive fitted quite a few in a few superMARTS but not had any problems except with old ones.

Never had the chance to compare them with Dynamics AV domes which i think would compare fairly well technically and excell on price.

Archived