Security Installer Community

Sensormatic SpeedDome Gurus, HELP Please!

Guest karab95

It sounds like you are getting a video signal, if you can see blue flecks, my guess is that you cant open the iris. If it takes some time to get a signal to monitor even with blue flecks, maybe you arent supplying the dome with enough current to power the camera and lens.

I still think its a problem with the lens, can you remove the lens from the camera module at all?

Using the word problem in the lightest sense, I think if you can get a controller onto the camera you can open the iris back up.

Have you aquired this dome for personal use or are you working on a system with these installed?

Right dug out a Speed dome manual, first off you need 24v AC to run it on. If you havent got 24v AC at the head you need to resolve that one 1st.

If you have 24v ac now you need to check whats coming out of the dome video wise. If its still the same at the monitor end you need to check it at the head end.

Telemetry is a whole other ball game, sort out the basics first and then we can look at the next step maybe!

Guest karab95

Well, many thanks guys! I figured it out. It was indeed the iris. The camera was just plain so well engineered that I didn't even realise that it was the iris. Anyway I figured it out by taking apart the camera covers, and examining the self-test feature, observing all the motors whirring and whizzing. And I noticed that one of the motors was not moving at all, so I took my PC toolkit and used the small flathead screwdriver to 'budge' the non-moving motor/servo (it was stuck, can't move it by finger), and voila! I noticed the iris peeked open. So I powered it up once again and lo and behold! it works! Many thanks to you guys for keeping me determined to get it working. Thanks! Now if I can only figure out how to get the ADTTE Keyboard to control the camera dome directly.........

Guest karab95

Ok, this is interesting. I have the Sensormatec ADTTE Touch Tracker Keyboard, the souped up version of the ADTT16E. But in the ADTTE keyboard PDF manual doesn't say anything about a direct dome connection, how come?

Guest Trulloman

Coz it needs to be connected to the network unit or a telemetry transmitter of whatever type it uses.

A quick scan of the manual and thats what it says anyway.

Correct it needs the connection box (Sensormatic seem to call everything a connection or joint box)!

Archived