Security Installer Community

Sensormatic SpeedDome Gurus, HELP Please!

Guest karab95

Guest Rob1547

Update to my problem:

I got the RUPTB and everything is fine, the only problem is my iris on the SpeedDome Ultra 3 is closed, and I dont have a touch tracker yet so I can't open it, and, according to the AD rep, there is now way to open it manually. I'll have to wait until I can get an ADTT16E. Anyone have one they want to sell :P ?

Hey Rob,

I'm afraid this time the AD rep's right on the money. All dome funtions are initiated by the controller.

One thing you could try (it's a long shot but it just might work etc) is to change the dome address to 911, then apply power and allow the dome to go through its startup routeen. Then remove the dome, change the address to 912 and repeat the process. This resets the dome and forces it to re-evaluate the gearing systems. The process might re-engage the auto-iris and auto-focus.

Hope this helps

Guest Rob1547

Thanks for that tip, unfourtunetly no fix. Does the ADTTE TouchTracker work for stand-alone control, or only ADTT16E. Their very hard to find on the net.

We're not having much luck are we fella....

Unfortunatly the ADTTe is an RS232 device that's designed to talk to an AD matrix system. The matrix then talks to the dome.

It might be worth having a chat with one of the Tyco teckies or anyone you know well at //.National Installer.// and see if there's a service stock ADTT16e that they're keen to get shut of.

I'll call some of my ex-collegues and see if they can get one.

PM me with with how much you're willing to pay for one.

If you're doing a net search, it might be worth looking for a VM16. That was what they were called when Sensormatic sold them (rather than AD).

Archived