Security Installer Community

Sensormatic SpeedDome Gurus, HELP Please!

Guest karab95

Guest karab95

Greetings Gurus! I need some help, I have a Sensormatic SpeedDome 2000 Outdoor PTZ Camera, and I have applied power (exactly 16Vac, 1A) to it, the camera does the self-test feature fine, but it shows no video image, just a black screen with a hint of static-like bluish screen (almost as if it was in a dark location). Understand I only provided power, I did not hook it up to the Sensormatic Matrix Switch/Controller and/or the Sensormatic ADTTE Touch Tracker Keyboard.

Another thing... is it possible to hook the SpeedDome 2000 directly to the ADTTE Keyboard for a simple direct connection control of PTZ features?

Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely, B. Carter

Greetings Gurus! I need some help, I have a Sensormatic SpeedDome 2000 Outdoor PTZ Camera, and I have applied power (exactly 16Vac, 1A) to it, the camera does the self-test feature fine, but it shows no video image, just a black screen with a hint of static-like bluish screen (almost as if it was in a dark location). Understand I only provided power, I did not hook it up to the Sensormatic Matrix Switch/Controller  and/or the Sensormatic ADTTE Touch Tracker Keyboard.

Another thing... is it possible to hook the SpeedDome 2000 directly to the ADTTE Keyboard for a simple direct connection control of PTZ features?

Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely, B. Carter

54526[/snapback]

Sounds like the iris is closed?

Shouldn't it open and close during the self-test start up feature?

54531[/snapback]

Usually they do, depends how its connected and if its supported, Im not familiar with your dome, do the lense zoom/focus/iris motors move at all on start up?

The camera module could be faulty, but i susspect the iris has been closed down manually.

Guest karab95

Hm, well it is supposed to be 'working', it sure does act and look like it would work just fine. As for the irus/zoom/focus... yes they do do all their thing during the self test feature. I was thinking if it just need the Matrix controller to get the thing to show video? I don't have a Matrix controller yet, but thinking of getting one of the Sensormatic/American Dynamics MegaPower series. The SpeedDome 2000 should be similar mechanically and in some ways technically as the newer siblings, the SpeedDome Ultra series. I just want the camera to show video, and I'm not a guru on CCTV stuff.......

Hm, well it is supposed to be 'working', it sure does act and look like it would work just fine. As for the irus/zoom/focus... yes they do do all their thing during the self test feature. I was thinking if it just need the Matrix controller to get the thing to show video? I don't have a Matrix controller yet, but thinking of getting one of the Sensormatic/American Dynamics MegaPower series. The SpeedDome 2000 should be similar mechanically and in some ways technically as the newer siblings, the SpeedDome Ultra series. I just want the camera to show video, and I'm not a guru on CCTV stuff.......

54619[/snapback]

I presume you have the camera powered up and the coax connected to a working monitor?

what happens to the screen when you power the camera up? Can you see the lens move on power up, can you see if the iris is open, have you checked the connections between lens and camera?

Sounds more like a cack bnc or coax connection to me or am i reading your problem wrong. I have had some limited experience with this kit and quite frankly i hate the stuff but there you go.

At the head you usually have a connection point for the coax, i would be starting there with a lead to a test monitor to prove you have a picture from the camera. If theres a picture out of the head its somewhere down the cable.

I also am wondering about the supplied voltage at the head, 16v seems an odd number but its maybe right as i dont recall having to check one before. I will do some digging when i get a chance, but if its spinning and dancing i doubt its power.

Guest karab95

Good point about the power. I wonder if it's barely on (just enough power to provide the motor functions, but not video). I don't have a 24Vac, but I read on the manual that it can tolerate voltages as low as 16Vac, and as high as 36Vac. As for the coax and montior, yes I tried few good cables, and with a TV and a LCD projector. When I power it on, the monitor shows absolutely nothing, then in a second or two, you can see some color (static-like bluish tint) appear in a slow fashion, as like the iris opened up slowly to compensate for the 'darkness'. After the self test feature, it quickly defaults it's position and the screen flickers for a second, and the whole color process thing starts all over (black then bluish tint appearing). That's it, after that nothing else happens (as I have no matrix controller, and I don't know how to direct wire the ADTTE Touch Tracker keyboard to the SpeedDome 2000 directly).

I guess that'll give you gurus something to chew on... cheers!

Guest karab95

Ok new info, when it finish it's self test feature and quickly adjust itself to the default position, when it flickers, it flickers with a bunch of color then pitch black, then the bluish tint with a hint of static appears... there you go.

Archived