Security Installer Community

9651-Vs- V excel

robert99d

Some time ago i swore by the excel, some may argue that it is a better panel than the 9651 but i now stick to my guns and go with the scanny. The excel is still fitted by lots of major alarm cos but the price difference between the two is too great , and this cost has to be passed somewhere. Im sure someone will argue that the veritas is better but the metal endstation wins it for the 9651 for me.

sorry im waffling.

Hope this helps.

;)

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

I like the Excel, features are good, programming's good, but it still looks like a Veritas on the e\s. If it had a square metal e\s I'd fit them.

9651 on small domestics, Premier on anything that needs more for me.

Excel is a great panel but like the others above it cost to much for a domestic install. The majority of domestics want cheap. The 9651 is a good reliable 'cost effective' panel. I dont like the keypad tho. I prefer Excels and fit them where budget allows.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

9651 every time on small domestics. I was fitting sterling 10's for about 2 years but they look so cheap but at the time you could not get a cheaper lcd small panel

I use galaxy for comercal jobs they last for ever and the options are endless.

9651 every time on small domestics. I was fitting sterling 10's for about 2 years but they look so cheap but at the time you could not get a cheaper lcd small panel

I use galaxy for comercal jobs they last for ever and the options are endless.

50488[/snapback]

"Me too". No but seriously, with the 9651 the installer gets a nice and easy to program, reliable panel, and to the customer its equally easy to use, solid, and being metal cased looks and peforms the part. As a specifier, this saving allows me to fit better PIRs and a metal bellbox too, but still stay competitive.

The one-line LCD annoys me though - although it is, at the end of the day, a very budget panel.

However, although I havent decided quite what yet, its likely I will look beyond Scantronic for Commercial or larger jobs. This of course, is probably what Scantronic don't want - I imagine the 9651 being the alarm equivalent of a loss-leader.

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived