Security Installer Community

Small Alarm Receiver.

Guest PJPJ

Hi,

Could anybody tell me please if there is any differance between the Ademco Fast Format and the Scancom Fast Format.

I've been looking at the Scantronic MRX 6600 UK-01 mini reciever to receive various alarms. Does anybody know of an alternative, possibly better receiver for data only alarms on 100 sites and has anybody any opinion of this receiver.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

PJPJ

Hi,

Could anybody tell me please if there is any differance between the Ademco Fast Format and the Scancom Fast Format.

I've been looking at the Scantronic MRX 6600 UK-01 mini reciever to receive various alarms. Does anybody know of an alternative, possibly better receiver for data only alarms on 100 sites and has anybody any opinion of this receiver.

PJPJ

48140[/snapback]

Sur-Gard recievers are one of the best and are used be most ARC, but are not cheap..

DSC used to make a small 2 line receiver card that fitted into a PC (SG-PC-LC2-P) ;)

PC/LC2 Bring the power of a central station receiver to a desktop computer with the Sur-Gard SG-PC-LC2 receiver and the Reporter software. Designed for proprietary multi-site applications, it provides all the performance and flexibility of a standard Sur-Gard receiver at a low cost. The SG-PC-LC2 receiver allows the security administrator to monitor up to 500 locations per line card.

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Hi,

PJPJ

48140[/snapback]

I assume these are alarms on your own premises? We secondary monitor using a PC based dual band receiver card; this gives us the flexibility to monitor all different panel types. A lot of companies monitor their alarms using panel software and I think the most common of these systems is the galaxy. This panel reports alarm events to the host PC software using a program called galaxy gold.

jef

Customers!

Thanks for the help.

The security panels are gardtec 593 and the panel software only has upload/ download facility. Not alarm monitoring.

Currently speech diallers are used and would still be used as back-up. It just makes sense to have all the alarms going back to one place where the CCTV can be viewed immediately and the appropriate action taken.

PJPJ

Archived