Security Installer Community

SAB bell box

Guest Guest_paul_*

Or to expand on that, fit a NO relay to the panel instead of a switch in line with sounder and connect it to the SET+ on the panel. So, the siren only sounds when the system is set or when the cable is cut, but not when the battery goes flat in the panel.

Guest Mr Nice Guy

Thank you Dave!

I know you can see all out points, but would you agree that the client should always come first?? So long as if he is pre-warned of the implications of the works??

We all know what an SAB was designed for, but sometimes circumstances arise that are beyond the scope of the products intentions. Bear that in mind the next time you fit Ferrari wheels to your Vauxhall Corsa!!
You must realise that we must only advise things which maintain the systems compliance with regulations..? Yeah we can solve this guys problem, but we can`t advise a non-compliant solution.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I know you can see all out points, but would you agree that the client should always come first?? So long as if he is pre-warned of the implications of the works??
So long as the customer fully understands the implications of my actions and is willing to sign on the dotted line to say so, then I personally dont have a problem.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

MR SES...

We all know what an SAB was designed for, but sometimes circumstances arise that are beyond the scope of the products intentions.  Bear that in mind the next time you fit Ferrari wheels to your Vauxhall Corsa!! :P  :whistle:

47895[/snapback]

Yes Collin but this problem runs deeper than the security system. As I have quoted above I would call my electricity distributor and find out why the power is always going off. Is it due to lack of investment are they using open conductor from the Transformer or is it Arial Bundle Cable. If its Open conductor that is being used is it getting caught up in trees and shorting out and tripping the supply. Is the supply on an energised coil that will trip back in after a set period. If it is open conductor why has it not been updated to ABC. All I would say is do some research and find out what is the alternative to the power loses. I Know I would be upset if my power was lost every time a storm came to shore. And I know how this chap feels when the big Hurican hit us we were with out power for 18 days.

Guest Mr Nice Guy

Ahaaaa!!!

Now I get it! :blush:

This is a compliant site, so we MUST COMPLY!!

OK, so if you fitted a relay, when the back-up battery went flat, wouldny we be left in the same boat!!???

Who's had a few too many beers tonight eh.......ddddddaaavveee!!!!! ;)

OK, so if you fitted a relay, when the back-up battery went flat, wouldny we be left in the same boat!!???

47902[/snapback]

Well, you could set a set of relays to close the link when the battery is flat, we all know what we're doing so it's not impossible, you get the idea though.

Guest Mr Nice Guy

Dave, I was kidding.

I like your relay idea, but it does not solve the problem if there is a powercut.

Guest Mr Nice Guy

So Lurch,

Are you possibly suggesting that we rig up a few relays to keep the SAB powered during normal opperation, but if there is a powere-cut, the the SAB power will be cut off via these relays??

Archived