Security Installer Community

Optima 2 Plus

Guest Guest_Sam_*

Chances are, it's just a standard PIR. If so, any standard PIR from any online or local electrical wholesaler will do. If it's in a kitchen or conservatory or the like it may not be.

As you may have read, it's probably a good idea to get the system serviced so you could tie the two things in together and get an engineer out to do it. That is my recommendation.

Guest Guest
Chances are, it's just a standard PIR. If so, any standard PIR from any online or local electrical wholesaler will do. If it's in a kitchen or conservatory or the like it may not be.

As you may have read, it's probably a good idea to get the system serviced so you could tie the two things in together and get an engineer out to do it. That is my recommendation.

46441[/snapback]

:yes:cheers Lurch you are probably correct.....thanks for your help!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
:yes:cheers Lurch you are probably correct.....thanks for your help!!!!

46442[/snapback]

Is there any way to reset the optima 2 system to factory settings as I have recently moved in and I do not know the alarm number.

Well, to vaguely quote myself in a sort of paraphrasing action,

To be honest, ADE panels have a habit of cooking themselves slowly over the years so I would recommend a service to check the systems general health, (and I don't mean just walk and bell test it).

Whereabouts are you?

46375[/snapback]

If you reset the system to defaults you don't just reset the user codes, you reset everything so you would need the whole system reprogramming and testing properly.

• 10 months later...
Guest Guest_Alex_*

Could someone tell me if the Optima 2 Plus alarm system is connected to the telephone?

I have just moved into a new house with this alarm system fitted but not on. I am

having trouble with the internet only occasionally accessed when the telephone (I master 1 slave), the sky box, are connected. I wondered if the Opima 2 Plus was also conntected to the telephone line as a matter of course.

Could someone tell me if the Optima 2 Plus alarm system is connected to the telephone?

I have just moved into a new house with this alarm system fitted but not on. I am

having trouble with the internet only occasionally accessed when the telephone (I master 1 slave), the sky box, are connected. I wondered if the Opima 2 Plus was also conntected to the telephone line as a matter of course.

Not impossible but very very unlikely. Absolutly impossible to tell sat here though.

As Ian says, not really possible to tell from here, needs a looking at really. Unlikely though, but not impossible.

This internet problem though, ADSL? If so, do you have all the filters correctly installed? As a test, disconnect all extension wiring and try connectiing directly to the master socket. If it's a new type split master socket you can remove the lower half to disconnect the extension wiring and use the test socket behind to plug the modem into.

• 1 year later...

Archived