Security Installer Community

communications

Dualcom are very specific about their product and the positioning of the antenna.
Agree with all your pointers Colin, but dualcom antenna`s are rather basic, just a simple 1/4 wave as standard with an optional 5/8 wave at extra cost. Both would benefit from enhanced ground planes if only to improve their angle of radiation.

Just adding a bigger ground plane might help improve signal to a couple of receivers, but at the same time might hinder the antenna`s overall abillity to see the rest of the receivers because an incorrect ground plane can cause un-desired directional effects.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

May be we should give some suggestions to makers of Dom. I agree with what you say Colin and what you are saying Dave. I would say a 1/4 Dipole would sauté better giving a omni directional effect. :unsure: I would of thaught that changing the the spec of the arial wouldnt cause to much problem.

I would say a 1/4 Dipole would sauté better giving a omni directional effect
It amazes me why the load the radiating element..? only saves on 10 inches of lenth..

Agree with all your pointers Colin, but dualcom antenna`s are rather basic, just a simple 1/4 wave as standard with an optional 5/8 wave at extra cost. Both would benefit from enhanced ground planes if only to improve their angle of radiation.

Just adding a bigger ground plane might help improve signal to a couple of receivers, but at the same time might hinder the antenna`s overall abillity to see the rest of the receivers because an incorrect ground plane can cause un-desired directional effects.

46554[/snapback]

It would Dave, but its not for an installer to advise on modifying an anttena, thats down to dualcom.

We all have to consider Insurance and failure to perform.

Lets put it to them then
I have allready mentioned it to the Dualcom rep, when he came to visit us on one site, thing is he knew little about how antenna`s worked but said he`d mention it to the designers......that was ages ago though.

All things considered though, out of the lot the Dualcom antenna`s are probably the best. You dont even get a ground plane with the gsm external antenna, you supply yer own..

just a simple 1/4 wave as standard with an optional 5/8 wave at extra cost.
You talking about the one I mentioned earlier, or do they do a choice of antenna`s at one price as standard now..?

Archived