Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 panel removal

biker1

Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this so any help will be much appreciated.

We have an Accenta G3 panel and Accenta keypad. The problem is that they are right next to each other and I want to redecorate the hallway.

Is it possible to remove the front panel without the bells ringing?

Guest Peter James

The bell wont ring unless you set it first!

But you will get a tamper fault, you should really consult with your installer rather than tampering with the system yourself.

Pete

the system has tamper switches in all covers and lids to loosen it from the wall would mean opening the cover which would result in a tamper

as pete said contact your alarm company or if not on contract or under warrenty post your location and someone may be able to help ;)

Thanks Pete,  I dont want to tamper with it.  I just want to loosen it from the wall so I can paper behind.  Is this possible?

46038[/snapback]

If you're redecorating maybe it's time to think about moving the panel to a more secure/hidden location. It seems a bit odd to have a separate keypad next to the main box.

You'll need an engineer to do that, obviously. :ninja:

Otherwise just paper up to it. I've got a G3 and the way it sits on the wall a neat papering job can't be difficult. No need to take it off. :yes:

Just received this advice from ADE...

what you will have to do is remove the battery from the bell box and in the main control panel. this will stop the bell box outside from going off and you can do all the necessary work that you need to do.

Is it that simple?

Just received this advice from ADE...

what you will have to do is remove the battery from the bell box and in the main control panel. this will stop the bell box outside from going off and you can do all the necessary work that you need to do.

Is it that simple?

I`m a little supprised they sent you any advice other than to contact a local installer..?

But if your going down the DIY route, when you start messing with the bells while up ladders expect the bell to start sounding, dissabling the bellbox battery will just stop the bells sounding when panel power and panel battery are disconnected , the bellbox battery controls an internal timer which determines the bell ring duration when power to the bell is disconnected (usually only 18 mins).

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

cheers everyone. I checked the info boklets that were left with the panel. It says you can enter the engineer code...(written in the booklet) would that be ok?

It says you can enter the engineer code...(written in the booklet) would that be ok?
I doubt that code is still applicable, the Installation company would have normally changed it.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived