Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 panel removal

biker1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest kenny james

i am very surprised that ade even suggested going up the ladder to disable the internal bellbox battery this is not recommended ,their are 2 simpler ways of doing it on this panel ,as suggested you can enter engineer code, the simplest method would be for you would be just to unscrew the panel front screw then when you remove the cover it should be tamper wired, you will find that your alarm will sound inside, key in your customer code and panel will stop sounding and show a tamper fault, when you need to do what you need to with your decorating put the cover back on then press reset which will make the panel bleep then go back to day mode, simple as that!!!

i am very surprised that ade even suggested going up the ladder to disable the internal bellbox battery this is not recommended ,their are 2 simpler ways of doing it on this panel ,as suggested you can enter engineer code, the simplest method would be for you would be just to unscrew the panel front screw then when you remove the cover it should be tamper wired, you will find that your alarm will sound inside, key in your customer code and panel will stop sounding and show a tamper fault, when you need to do what you need to with your decorating put the cover back on then press reset which will make the panel bleep then go back to day mode, simple as that!!!

52327[/snapback]

Your advice is a little on the dangerous side - your are telling a member of the public to take the panel of the wall in effect WITHOUT removing the mains first! - I presume this was an error on your behalf and you just omitted the step from your post?

Im sorry for sounding harsh, but telling a customer to remove a panel even if it still has battery power too it can damage the kit, but to not tell them to remove mains is dangerous.

ADE should have mentioned the mains step, but IM assuming by removing the battery in the bell box and the panel they are telling him to totally downpower the panel.

If it was an error in your post and you omitted to say remove the mains source by pulling the fuse out of the spur or something similar, then Im sorry for the rant, but to ask a punter to remove a panel of the wall whilst live is silly! even if just "Loosening it slightly".

AGAIN if ive mis-understood your post my appologies.

Regards Dave.

Guest kenny james

my main aim to the point was you dont have to go and get your ladder out and start disconnecting battery's from external bellboxes which to me was abit extreme as is the point of wanting to take covers off panels to decorate around panels as well, their is not much saving you can do decorating around the panel wether the lid is off or on as you are aware the lid is flush with the panel anyway.

I think he wanted to take the panel off the wall to get the paper behind it or at least loosen the screws, and as stated loosening internal screws without anyone at least mentioning to remove the fuse from the fuse spur first.

Guest ALSEC
Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this so any help will be much appreciated.

We have an Accenta G3 panel and Accenta keypad.  The problem is that they are right next to each other and I want to redecorate the hallway.

Is it possible to remove the front panel without the bells ringing?

46036[/snapback]

You could try using a sledge! Oh sorry that would probably trigger the bell, however then you could throw it in the bin which would be nice.

Archived