Security Installer Community

Safes

Guest janee

Guest janee

I'm considering installing a safe at home, and I'm wondering firstly, is it worth it? And secondly, how to fix it to the wall.

I don't have floorboards in my flat, I have a concrete floor, so that rules out a floor safe. As for the outer walls - the outer wall is brick/insulation material/breeze block OR breeze block/insulation material/breeze block.

The wall I am considering attaching the safe is breeze block/insulation material/breeze block. And on top of that, on the interior wall, it is plasterboard, attached by some kind of plaster-like substance. So, any advice on how to attach a safe to this wall?

Internal walls are stud walls, plasterboard on a timeber frame, so I would guess not recommended for attaching a safe. Too weak, I would guess.

Any advice, as ever, would be appreciated.

I'm considering installing a safe at home, and I'm wondering firstly, is it worth it? And secondly, how to fix it to the wall.

I don't have floorboards in my flat, I have a concrete floor, so that rules out a floor safe. As for the outer walls - the outer wall is brick/insulation material/breeze block OR breeze block/insulation material/breeze block.

The wall I am considering attaching the safe is breeze block/insulation material/breeze block. And on top of that, on the interior wall, it is plasterboard, attached by some kind of plaster-like substance. So, any advice on how to attach a safe to this wall?

Internal walls are stud walls, plasterboard on a timeber frame, so I would guess not recommended for attaching a safe. Too weak, I would guess.

Any advice, as ever, would be appreciated.

44985[/snapback]

Bolt the safe to the floor..

Most good safes will come with the fixing's.

Chubb make a good range of small safes

BlackBox Safes

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Agreed - bolt it too the floor.

Either borrow someones SDS drill or get someone else to do it for you, but bolting the safe to the concrete floor perhaps in an airing cupboard or behind a chair or sofa would be ideal :)

Could be, but more than likely battened and the plasterboard would be a fair distance from it. You're also not allowed to drill some concrete ceilings\floors, particularly where they may form part of the fire\soundproofing between properties.

Go floor! :groupwave:

You could try the ceiling - might be concrete in a high rise flat???

45000[/snapback]

Go floor, then if there is a fire in the flat the safe or things inside it have more chance of surviving the heat :police:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bolt it to the floor but watch out for pipework in the floor screed.

Airing cupboard probably isnt a good idea.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived