Security Installer Community

ACCENTA MINI G3

Guest musk3008

Guest musk3008

Does any one know a way of switching a relay using a output from this alarm. I need it to switch every time the alarm is set or unset but the only output I can find is rated at 10MA. I am very thick when it comes to electronics so please keep it simple. I am armed with a maplins catalouge and waiting for you replies. Thanks, keith

Guest musk3008

I am hoping to switch the thermostat on my heating. I work very varied shifts and I have to programme the timer on a almost daily basis. I want to wire it up so that the heating will only come on when the alarm is unset and therefore not heat a empty house. I have managed to work out all the wiring for it but I am unable to get a feed from the alarm panel. The relay will be switching 12 v at what I belive to be a low ampage. thanks, Keith

Itll power the relay if you connect one lead to a permanant +13.8Vdc and connect the other lead to the SET output, obviousely the relay will work in reverse this way but so long as you have an SPDT relay you should still be ok by moving the NC wire over to the NO point, or vise versa.

Also make sure the relay is rated highly enough to switch the voltage you require and the contacts can handle the required current, and dont forget the feedback diode accros the relay terminals.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

There's a company out there i can't remember what they're actually called, but they make "Handy little relay's." That might even be what they're called thinking about it, but anyway they do a relay which has a permanent 12v feed and then uses a trigger input to change state, this trigger input draws only 2mA and so is ideal for such things as this.

egg03064.gif

Archived