Security Installer Community

green fingers

Not really a horror story (although it might have been for my digestive system) but a few months ago me and a collegue were at an old ladies house just doing a simple repair to some mains powered smokes.

It didnt really need two of us, so my mate stayed outside making a few phone calls. I got offered some tea, which I always accept (makes people feel like they have someting to contribute and stops them 'standing' over you.).

It was honestly the worst cup of tea I'd ever tasted, and I've had some real dishwater in my time. The lady went upstairs, I ditched the tea. All of a sudden she came down and found me back in the kictchen. 'Oh ,your well trained' she said, thinking I was just washing the cup out.

'Oh how rude, I've forgotten your freind, would you like to go and ask him if he wants a drink'. I advised my oppo to either say no or have black coffee - how the hell could she get THAT wrong.

So in he comes and she gives him one mug of steaming hot coffee. About 10 minutes later, the look on my mates face as he gagged from the digusting brew was a picture. At this point I'd love to add some hilarious comment about her confusing the water tap with a bottle of white spirit, but to this day we don't actually know why it was so foul.

'Have you finished with your mug yet' she goes, so maybe not thinking too much the contents get dumped into the nearby yukka plant.

In the walks, and 'Ohh, its such a lovely hot day' she says 'even the pot plants steaming'. :unsure:

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Guest IM_Alarms

I once worked at a lady's house who I noticed was re-heating the pot of coffe she had made in the morning for the fifth cup in the afternoon!!! Wondered why it had been getting stronger......... :cry:

LOL you should try dish washer salt I dint have time to politley spit out the Tea back in the cup but heaved it violentley at the customer. :whistle: After I exp[lained the taste she realised the the cup had not rinsed properley and understood why I just projected tea at her. :lol:

LOL you should try dish washer salt I dint have time to politley spit out the Tea back in the cup but heaved it violentley at the customer.  :whistle:  After I exp[lained the taste she realised the the cup had not rinsed properley and understood why I just projected tea at her. :lol:

42881[/snapback]

not get the maintenance on that one then?!

:lol:

If you don't know......ask.

Guest RICHL
.... I dint have time to politley spit out the Tea back in the cup but heaved it violentley at the customer.  ....

42881[/snapback]

PMSL - that the funniest thing Ive read in ages !

I never accepted tea or coffee from anyone, even commercial places.

But when yer gran makes you a coffee with gravy granuals, milk and 2 sugars. Its amazing how many sips it takes to decide if its really **** coffee or indeed bisto. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

worst cup of tea i ever had was at an old couples house on an install

nice enough people but when the tea came it had SOYA milk in it absolutly disgusting the plant got tea all day :steamingcup:

never got bad coffee but once i was offered some sort of sandwich cake that didn't look suspicious but the taste was terrible. brought motor oil in to my mind but i really can't describe the taste with anything else than TERRIBLE. Couldn't put it anywhere so i had to rinse it down with coffee.. :cry:

Archived