Security Installer Community

DVR to domestic VCR ?

Guest Karl

Installed a 9-way DVR today for a domestic customer, all working fine but as I was finishing, the customer asked me if I could connect his VCR to the system so that if he needs to keep copy of anything he as recorded, he can save it onto a VCR tape for future reference or to hand to the Police as evidence.

Can someone confirm for me that this can be connected straight in or do I need a modulator.

Buy a lead from maplins about £6.00 with a scart plug and a set of BNC "video in /out"

Then put a BNC T plug on the rear of the dvr on the monitor output and plug the BNC off the scart lead to that. Then plug the scart into the vcr and set up on AV1 this sould work 1st time.

Buy a lead from maplins about £6.00  with a scart plug and a set of BNC "video in /out"

Then put a BNC T plug on the rear of the dvr on the monitor output and plug the BNC off the scart lead to that. Then plug the scart into the vcr and set up on  AV1 this sould work 1st time.

42838[/snapback]

Agreed

If you don't know......ask.

Agreed but if the monitor is next to the DVR just come off the video out on the monitor. Dont use T connections unless you have to, they degrade quality.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

yes, get a scart lead from maplin with bnc's on it for video in and out. Then plug the scart into the vcr, then the video in bnc, goes to the monitor output on the dvr, and the video out bnc goes to the monitor! done!

Intruder & Fire Member

Archived