Security Installer Community

ACCORD XPC DIY INSTALL ADVICE NEEDED

Guest de_deej

Guest de_deej
Wire thus.

40708[/snapback]

Norman,

again your help is great. this diagram makes a hell of a lot of sense. I do have one final question concerning wiring the pir's and other sensors. Do I wire them in the same way ??

Thank you.

de_deej

Guest Peter James

There are some poor detectors out there that has the lower half of the lense masked so it cant see anything shorter than 3 foot.

Not the case with the 820 I have crawled around on the floor and cant get past it.

Some good pet detectors are said to be less responsive this is most likely due to it working out wether its a pet or a prob.

Pete

Norman,

again your help is great. this diagram makes a hell of a lot of sense. I do have one final question concerning wiring the pir's and other sensors. Do I wire them in the same way ??

Thank you.

de_deej

40733[/snapback]

Yes, basically the contact (door, PIR Viper etc) shorts out the 1k resistor leaving just 1k showing. the control looks for 1k as a closed circuit, 2k for a single open device etc...

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest de_deej
There are some poor detectors out there that  has the lower half of the lense masked so it cant see anything shorter than 3 foot.

Not the case with the 820 I have crawled around on the floor and cant get past it.

Some good pet detectors are said to be less responsive this is most likely due to it working out wether its a pet or a prob.

Pete

40737[/snapback]

Peter,

Hearing that I thiink I might give one a try. You said Bosch are the best, I have looked on the internet and I can't find anywhere that stocks them. Do you have any ideas or can you suggest any alternatives.

Thanks again for your help,

de_deej

Ignore.....................teach me not to read all replies.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest de_deej
Yes, basically the contact (door, PIR Viper etc) shorts out the 1k resistor leaving just 1k showing. the control looks for 1k as a closed circuit, 2k for a single open device etc...

40739[/snapback]

Hi Norman,

Thanks again.

I think I have confussed myself (it doesn't take a lot).

I just want to confirm,

the picture you sent is of how to wire the board, detector or both??

If it is the board only do I still use all 6 wires on the detector. If I use four how do I wire them if 6 what do I do with the spare wires ? and does it matter that my board only has one tamp zone so they will all be connected together ?

If it is the sensor only, I presume that the 2 wires go straight into the Zone on the board.

If it is both well thats simple (I think/hope).

I'm sorry if this sounds dim but I started to think about it to much and ended up getting confussed. I am hoping this is my last question (and probably so are you).

Thanks again for everything,

de_deej

Guest de_deej
Thats the detector end, at the board just connect the 2 circuit wires in along with any power you need.

40785[/snapback]

Norman,

Thanks that makes it a lot clearer in my head. I am ordering the wire tomorrow, and probably starting the install on Saturday. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for everything,

de_deej

I think I am going to try with the resistors at first, if I have any problems I will go back to normally closed.de_deej

40728[/snapback]

Remember to put a link across the tamper zone if using Dbal. Solid or resistor it dose'nt matter

Jef

Customers!

Archived