Security Installer Community

abacus 6

mikeald

Guest Peter James

Hmm i cant see any molex pins, I do see what looks like two nvm holders, one nearest the software chips will be the NVM.

Are you sure this is an ab six and not an aplique six?

DAC stands for Digital Audio Comunicator you have no communicator pluged onto the alarm board you need a communicator to plug on the alarm board such as an ADV1 as AB6 does not come with one onboard thats why you cannot find anywhere to but your phone line.....

:) Garry....

The molex pins used to be on the back of the AB6Ps board right pain in the bum this may be the case with this one.

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Very old one, to programme chips you need the molex oins as pete said, and either a clingon or climax (thats is what they are called) communicator. Best thing would be to get a programmer from DA its a keypad with a plug on it and it will do every redcare and digi whare as the scantronic wont do DA digis.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

definitelty abacus 6, it says so on the pcb!  heres a pic!  sorry for the poor quality.  any ideas?  should this panel have an onboard digi then?  i.e a chip for nvm and a chip for digi?  both 8 pin?

40589[/snapback]

No they never came with an onboard digi mate there should be two 8 pin connectors that the digi sits on they stick out the board you carnt miss them in your comms programming does it give you an option for two wire mode.

Garry.....

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Archived