Security Installer Community

Fire Alarm

Guest G.J.M
I have already admitted NACOSS installers are better equipped for maintenance and elecs are better for install with regard to fire. In my opinion for what its worth i wouldn

i am not confusing the two.

Name and shame them and get them removed from what?.I sincerly doubt they know this site exists because none of them can work a pc.

Don't take this as a rant,just a reply.

50021[/snapback]

GJM I am not suggesting removing them from this site. I should explain. NSI have written to all gold installers and told them in words that have no other meaning "companies achieving the bare minimum will be downgraded to NSI silver" I am NACOSS gold I do not want to be associated with any other NACOSS gold company that is not prepared to achieve the highest standards. If a NACOSS gold company has been removed from a POLICE list they should be reported WITHOUT FEAR of repercussion to the NSI. This will serve to improve our industry protect jobs and kick butt of poor management. If you are NOT prepared to name the company concerned please refrain from hearsay and tickle tackle on a Public forum.

Jef

Customers!

This topic has developed into an interesting discussion, i was interested to read the reply that a security installer was given the task of installing a fire system with no training and that the compliance of the installation relied on his own concern to do the job right and research the subject how many times have we heard this method for installing a system? we've all been in the situation of being given a cardboard box with kit in it which we have never seen before no pre install training and told to "get on with it" OK! to a certain point it could be argued that muddling on like that is not life threatening for intruder and cctv but it certainly is for fire.

Even with intruder and cctv the arguement that poor install training will not lead to a life threatening situation is difficult to successfully defend if a PA button is not working when it should and leaves someone being attacked with no hope of intervention or a cctv not giving the quality it should leaves the purpertrator of an attack leading to death free to kill again, over dramatic? not if you are the victim.

With fire the arguement is in my opinion totally indefensible, a system which does not comply can directly lead to death! but its all well and good having training but why are the regs so vague and ammended by individual fire brigade areas , I've been down this road before on this forem and round and round we go in a circle.

Regulation of the industry MUST be tightened up for ALL of us who are professional and the general public to get the quality which should be standard, if that means that the regulatory authorities which have become so self defending and impotant should be replaced then so be it lets have a UK global authority with clout that will control the cow boys and promote the professionals.

Ooops sorry I've lost self control again!! but does anyone agree???

regards Paul. banghead

Guest G.J.M
. If you are NOT prepared to name the company concerned please refrain from hearsay and tickle tackle on a Public forum.

Jef

50038[/snapback]

Jeff,

Fairpoint and note taken.I do not want to get deeper into this and i somewhat regret mentioning it now.

I cannot name names as i do not know what kind of trouble it could possibly lead me into but i can assure you it is not hearsay and i am not the kind of person to make up stories on a forum.

But your totally correct if i can not back this up with names it's does look like hear say to people who don't know me etc.

end of matter.

apologies for any offence/confusion

Jeff,

Fairpoint and note taken.I do not want to get deeper into this and i somewhat regret mentioning it now.

I cannot name names as  i do not know what kind of trouble it could possibly lead me into but i can assure you it is not hearsay and i am not the kind of person to make up stories on a forum.

But your totally correct if i can not back this up with names it's does look like hear say to people who don't know me etc.

end of matter.

apologies for any offence/confusion

50063[/snapback]

GJM No offence taken. And don

Customers!

im after advice too...im wiring a stable block at tho mo and the fire inspector has insisted on a fire alarm and emergecy lights,the building is approx 60mx30m how many detectors??type? and call points what panel? are the newey ones any good...two fire exits...and some decent fire exting's

Guest G.J.M
im after advice too...im wiring a stable block at tho mo and the fire inspector has insisted on a fire alarm and emergecy lights,the building is approx 60mx30m how many detectors??type? and call points what panel? are the newey ones any good...two fire exits...and some decent fire exting's

50094[/snapback]

the Fire officer should have told you what category of fire system you need

ie. L3,M etc.

i take it you mean Newlec?not for me but we all have our preferences.

if it was one room at 1800m2 it would require approx 18 smoke detctors if relevant to the category.

one smoke detector will cover 100m2

in large areas the first detector should be 5.3m from wall with 10.6m between detectors.

the Fire officer should have told you what category of fire system you need

ie. L3,M etc.

i take it you mean Newlec?not for me but we all have our preferences.

if it was one room at 1800m2  it would require approx 18 smoke detctors if relevant to the category.

one smoke detector will cover 100m2

in large areas the first detector should be 5.3m from wall with 10.6m between detectors.

50101[/snapback]

:blush: 60 ftx30ft....it has 10 seperate stables tho the dont have roofs so its 1 big roof,the conditions are dusty so whats the best detector.budget isnt tight so dont have to buy ****

Guest G.J.M

It all depends on what the roof is like?

There is different calculations for varying angles of roof.

I take it you mean dusty from the hay?

you would need to find out

Height of ceiling

Flat/angled roof

I recommend Apollo Detectors which is a personal preference and i use Morley Horizon Conventional panels

or use a beamset .

Archived