Security Installer Community

Voice verification

housty

Hi all

Has anyone fitted Voice verification in a customer property and if so what does it involve.

Im due to fit it to a galaxy 128 next week.

housty

Houston Security Systems Ltd

Intruder alarms

CCTV

Door entry

Fire protection

Networking

SSAIB Approved

Do you mean audio verifaication?

If so it involves fitting an audio controller next to the panel and wiring mic's wherever you need confirmation.

Wire it up to the phone line and to the intruder trigger of the panel and bob's your uncle. The alarm goes off and the arc dial in and listen.

This is what your talking about, right?

If you don't know......ask.

Yup we've just done a job as ablove method, its actually a lot easier than i thought it would be, the unit looks like a second digi and is very easy to connect, the mics are small enough to fit either next to a passive or underneath them.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Just be aware of the positioning of the mic's as they pick up well outside the protected premises if not sited/commissioned correctly, especially where the building is near roads, etc. They do work well, but require the cooperation of your arc for filtering out the obvious.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I have fitted AV on both the Galaxy and the Aritech.

The Aritech seems alot better for the engineer and ARC. They way i understand it is that the Aritech catches the point of breakin and records it, playsback and sends that to the ARC as well as live audio, where as the Galaxy,the ARC has to dial in and could miss some of the intrusion. I've always had to set the dialler up for xsia aswell and programme a bell delay.The mics also dont power up until the system is set.

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

dont forget though you need a bell delay especially with internal sirens.there are quite a fgew different set up options with an av60 as well like length of time it records,if its permanantly recording etc-the permanent recording needs the bell delay(the arc can disable the bells on dial in if set up coorectly when the unit isnt in permanent record mode)this is when used with a galaxy i dont know what principles audio uses with other systems.

Trade Member

I have fitted AV on both the Galaxy and the Aritech.

The Aritech seems alot better for the engineer and ARC. They way i understand it is that the Aritech catches the point of breakin and records it, playsback and sends that to the ARC as well as live audio, where as the Galaxy,the ARC has to dial in and could miss some of the intrusion. I've always had to set the dialler up for xsia aswell and programme a bell delay.The mics also dont power up until the system is set.

Chris

38539[/snapback]

how can the galaxy miss any intrusion???its the av 60 i take it?? when on dial up you get replay of stored audio!!

thanxs for clearing that up eng,

as i said that was the way i understood it, but now i know otherwise.

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

thanxs for clearing that up eng,

as i said that was the way i understood it, but now i know otherwise.

chris

38650[/snapback]

you can also prog it to go live on answer..is there a av60 manual in the manual section??its the best audio gear ive ever worked with...do they still make em???would go great in my house....+anyone had exp' with the pyronix(sorry) vocaliser??sems cheap but is it cheerful

Archived