Security Installer Community

BT Inspiration

Guest nick_w

I remember the infamous words from the level 1 "Dacs on the day !" aaah

All beyond engineers control, remeber this industrial estate, converted from farm buildings, they never told BT of the change of use (it was in the sticks), all the engineers went on about it needing some fibre ducting in, managers never listended, the side of the Barn had over 30 DACS units - lovely !

Eventually went all the lines were Dacsed, and no more lines were available, some business owner complained to local paper, who came and took a photo - suddenly in came BT planning department to arrange new provison of ducts etc - but the field engineers had been telling management for 3 years ! Management waited for unhappy customers and bad press before doing something.

Another thing I always remind non-BT engineers of is that BT will gaive you service, try getting NTL or Telewest or Clueless and Witless to provide service if you are not in there area, most of C&W ISDN30 is BT, and all their ISDN2s are as well !

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

I remember the infamous words from the level 1 "Dacs on the day !" aaah

All beyond engineers control, remeber this industrial estate, converted from farm buildings, they never told BT of the change of use (it was in the sticks), all the engineers went on about it needing some fibre ducting in, managers never listended, the side of the Barn had over 30 DACS units - lovely !

Eventually went all the lines were Dacsed, and no more lines were available, some business owner complained to local paper, who came and took a photo - suddenly in came BT planning department to arrange new provison of ducts etc - but the field engineers had been telling management for 3 years !  Management waited for unhappy customers and bad press before doing something.

Another thing I always remind non-BT engineers of is that BT will gaive you service, try getting NTL or Telewest or Clueless and Witless to provide service if you are not in there area, most of C&W ISDN30 is BT, and all their ISDN2s are as well !

39143[/snapback]

:lol: at least they were not in a office where a poor chap went dolaly :w00t::wacko: because of the continues clicking. At the height there were more than 20 on a wall. This chap I believe got compensation in the end from BT

Archived