Security Installer Community

BT Inspiration

Guest nick_w

Hi,

Does anyone know how to stop the external line capture from scrolling through the 4 lines?

I have a BT Inspiration with 2 external lines and 7 extensions (with a 1st 006 card installed).

Just moved the ccu and reset it, and now when I press the '9 for outside line' it scrolls through the 4 outside lines (even though I only have 2 in use) - this can be seen from the system phone line lights momentarily lighting up every time I press 9 and then hang up and then try again. When it gets to Line 1 I get a dial tone, all the other times a busy tone.

I've allocated group 2 and 3 to Line 1 and 2 respectively: thus I can now always get a dial tone on Line 1 by dialling 81. However, I still get a busy tone when dialling 82 (where I should be getting a dial tone from Line 2).

So basically I need to set it for 9 for any outside line (1 or 2) and enable Line 2 on the PBX (it is definitely working - I get a dial tone when wired up to a master socket).

Any advice would be gratefully received, or pointed in the direction of the ccu user manual. I have the system phone user manual and although that deals with line programming it does not cover this specific issue.

Thanks

Nick

You need to remove Line 3 and 4 from "Equipped Lines", programming is done from a Systemphone from extension 20 (by default), the default PIN as left by BT is normally "1111".

Press the programming key, scroll to System programming-Lines-Equipped Lines, then select the lines as required, when finished, press the handsfree/monitor key to finish programming.

All programming is indicated byt he diamonds you have probably seen, a fillled-in diamond obviously means the feature/line/extension is selected for that programming aspect.

Also check Extension access to outgoing lines under System Progamming-Lines-Outgoing restriction, select the line required and ensure that no extensions are selected (barredd from access to the line).

On question of manuals, I only have the Inspiration manual as paper version, But have the Pathway programming manual in PDF, the programming codes are identical to the Inspiration as the Pathway is just the new name/version with a newer software level and rebrand. Drop me an email if you want a copy.

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

What about the BT Versitility??  Any manuals available for this PBX?

38480[/snapback]

No, BT-only system new so manual will be kept under wraps I guess, should be pretty similar as made by same OEM Lake Comms, as systems go 2nd user, manuals will start going around and then the users will get better service than they do new from BT.

BT are doing special deals at the mo to sell the system, free installation of lines etc with the purchase price, so they are obviously trying to win back more of the SME market (that they went and lost) again !

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

this stuffs better than alarms!! :)  im still confused by b-leg dis :o

38582[/snapback]

Ha Ha - have you been listening to BT automatic test system ? not always that accurate though !

Don't know about better than alarms but reckon we get less callouts than on alarms ! No tamper-wire to go dis etc !

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Ha Ha - have you been listening to BT automatic test system ?  not always that accurate though !

Don't know about better than alarms but reckon we get less callouts than on alarms !  No tamper-wire to go dis etc !

38618[/snapback]

is it illegal so to speak to use the bt engineers test facilty?? i know some people do it...tho not me of course :whistle:

Ha Ha - have you been listening to BT automatic test system ?  not always that accurate though !

Don't know about better than alarms but reckon we get less callouts than on alarms !  No tamper-wire to go dis etc !

38618[/snapback]

You just need to know how to interpret her :lol:

is it illegal so to speak to use the bt engineers test facilty?? i know some people do it...tho not me of course :whistle:

38685[/snapback]

Officially Yes but the number is well known. Except the number for testing Other licensed operators lines. Same system (RATES) but not the 5 or 9 digit number

38685[/snapback]

Test facility? BT? Engineers? I've never heard of this thing........ :whistle:

Archived