Security Installer Community

Part P?

Guest sens7

Tell that to your average BT engineer!

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

While we are on this subject, did you know that we now cannot run telephone wiring thru kitchens or bathrooms as phone voltage is 100v when ringing.

38315[/snapback]

75VAC +- 25VAC to be exact..

Guest IM_Alarms
you can still do any mains jobs.tho if it needs testing for insurance etc you have to get someone with a bit of paper to test it for you even if said person with bit of paper knows nowt

This is a stickey situation because a completion certificate can't be issued for someone elses work. So the only route for you is to inform the planning authority and they have to inspect it and charge you. I have yet to hear how much the fee is and even anyone who has had it done yet!!

I have been asked to certify other peoples work a few times so far. So people are a bit ill informed.

Hopefully it will settle down to a workable system .............. in a couple of years :D

This is a stickey situation because a completion certificate can't be issued for someone elses work. So the only route for you is to inform the planning authority and they have to inspect it and charge you. I have yet to hear how much the fee is and even anyone who has had it done yet!!

I have been asked to certify other peoples work a few times so far. So people are a bit ill informed.

Hopefully it will settle down to a workable system .............. in a couple of years :D

38326[/snapback]

so the planning dept is then inspecting your work,as far as i know this is all thats needed to comply with part p unless you use a company with a engineer with the ticket also not sure which is cheapest...

Adding a spur to an existing circuit is outside the scope of Part P, unless it's in a kitchen or bathroom.

38271[/snapback]

Whats the case if the panel is mounted in the kitchen then?

No funny coments about putting one in the bathroom please. I could see that one coming.

and what if the spur was just outside the kitchen door but within arms reach of the panel?

38381[/snapback]

That's OK, as it's still outside the kitchen. The kitchen ends at the kitchen door.

If the panel is in the kitchen, and the spur is, then it has to comply with Part P.

Archived