Security Installer Community

What is this termination crimp?

Rich

I was just pointing out that the latch (being central) normally means the plug will only fit in a central position. As for whether they're designed to do that or not, I'm not so sure - the number of modems with RJ45 sockets but RJ11/12 plugs in them implies it might have ben part of someone's plan.......

36267[/snapback]

Ah, I'm with you. I read it differently the first time round, I'm good at doing that! :whistle:

There is also the posibility in some RJ45 sockets that the RJ11\12 plugs can bend the outer 2 pins out of alignment, which obviously won't affect the RJ11\12's but will possibly cause problems in the future of rRJ45 plugs. I only ever do it as a temporary measure as I've always got a stock of RJ11\12\45 plugs in the car.

Still not got the van fixed Stu? it was you that had a busted van wasn't it? that was ages ago.

36287[/snapback]

Yeah I think it was.....and he's still in a bad mood now, arguing with everyone!!

;):D:yes:

If you don't know......ask.

Still not got the van fixed Stu? it was you that had a busted van wasn't it? that was ages ago.

36287[/snapback]

Yep, that was me! Van's still in the same bus stop it was before Christmas, should get around to picking it up this week. I'd have done it sooner but the trailer was taken off the road in the summer for a major overhaul and it's still a works in progress so I've got someone else on the recovery job!

I've decided to stick with a car for a while now, I don't seem to be struggling without a van at the mo and it saves me having to have 2 vehicles. Besides, I don't do as much electrical work now which is what most of the stuff in the van was for.

he's still in a bad mood now, arguing with everyone!!

36288[/snapback]

Moi! I just come across as being argumentative :unsure: , it's not intentional. ;)

Archived