Security Installer Community

What is this termination crimp?

Rich

Hi all

I have a termination tool and plugs that were supposed to be for rj45 but the plugs are not the right size, Does anyone know what plugs im on about?

Possibly american, and for 6 wires.

(Starts holding breath)

The crimps are hubbell BRMRP6 and the plugs are BRMOD3P25

Does anyone use anything like this?

Some modems have RJ12 plugs with 6 contacts, though most have RJ11 (4 contacts) or RJ45 (8).

Just looked at a spare modem lead I have and it's BT one end and RJ12 the other. The latch usually ensures you can't put it in an RJ45 socket misaligned. :)

Some modems have RJ12 plugs with 6 contacts, though most have RJ11 (4 contacts) or RJ45 (8).

Just looked at a spare modem lead I have and it's BT one end and RJ12 the other. The latch usually ensures you can't put it in an RJ45 socket misaligned.  :)

36255[/snapback]

Yeah just found a lead myself, thought these were larger.

Its an RJ11/12 Tool and rj11 and rj12 plugs.

Not sure I can think of a use for them at the moment though :wacko:

Thanks for help guys :wub:

Can't see you having many uses for the RJ11/12 plugs when it comes to CCTV. Do is it not have a socket for RJ45 crimping also?

36257[/snapback]

It does have a removable die, maybe i can get a RJ45 replacement

The latch usually ensures you can't put it in an RJ45 socket misaligned.  :)

36255[/snapback]

Nope, no cigar! RJ11, RJ12 and RJ45 all fit in an RJ45 socket, they're not neccesarily designed to, but they do. The latch is to ensure they don't pull out of the socket.

I use RJ11\RJ12 all the time, they're more for telecoms than anything else. RJ12 (6P6C) are usually used on handsets and inside some PABX equipment. RJ11 (4P4C) are usually used for connections between the earpiece and deskset on a two part telephone.

The RJ11 and RJ12 seems to be a continuing discussion, the 4-pin version, sometimes referred to as RJ11 4/6 and the 6-pin version RJ11 6/6 is sometimes called RJ12.

I use RJ11 plugs for ADSL connections and some telecoms kit needs RJ11 4/6 or 6/6 plugs for programming with/or without V24 adapter etc.

Some European phone systems (Agfeo etc) use an optional RJ11 connection for extensions instead of hard-wiring if required.

regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Nope, no cigar! RJ11, RJ12 and RJ45 all fit in an RJ45 socket, they're not neccesarily designed to, but they do. The latch is to ensure they don't pull out of the socket.

:!:

I'm not sure why you think I didn't know that, Lurch........................ <_<<_<

I was just pointing out that the latch (being central) normally means the plug will only fit in a central position. As for whether they're designed to do that or not, I'm not so sure - the number of modems with RJ45 sockets but RJ11/12 plugs in them implies it might have ben part of someone's plan.......

Baldrick: I have a cunning plan
:D

Archived