Security Installer Community

me again

Guest Mickie D

Use screened CAT5 stranded not solid core, a lot cheaper and easier to get.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Mickie D
Use screened CAT5 stranded not solid core, a lot cheaper and easier to get.

36173[/snapback]

might be cheaper and i have 300 meters of cat5 type E, but the problem with that is its grey i might see if i can get 300 meters of white if not then i get some cable for the RKP but i dunno about the whole house i will try the normal stranded and see how it goes but will get the right cable for the keypad ;)

thanks again everyone i have mailed ademco see what they say (fingers crossed ;))

i have another question will post a new topic as i dont want it going off topic

Regards

Mickie

Eh? When you say whole house you confused me. The detectors and bells etc.. are all wired in standard alarm cable. It's only the RKP that needs Belden\screened cable.

Guest Mickie D

sorry its my own house i am going to be putting the alarm into i was going to do it anyway but have been very attracted to programming it at night so that all the door contacts and window contacts will be on only, having 2 kids in the house aswell its more piece of mind.

wont need mass PIRS (motions) maybe 3 max but will need to add a few contacts for windows etc

i dont want to use grey wire for obvious reasons.... the mrs moaning the biggest

i have got my house to do and i also have 2 jobs on at the mo, one i have nearly completed but i have also competely re-wired and alarmed and tv and sat... so i cant concentrate on alarms as everything ona floor hs to be completed before the dry liners get down :(

the other 2 jobs wont be galaxys as its enough trouble for me getting an installation guide lol

Well with a Galaxy you can program it pretty much anyway you want, night setting is a breeze for that panel, could probably get it to make the tea in the morning as well!

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

could probably get it to make the tea in the morning as well!

36197[/snapback]

In the spirit of equality, the Premier can too! How could you forget that opne Monteey. :no:

Indeed, another disciple joining the cause, up the revolution! :w00t:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

i dont want to use grey wire for obvious reasons.... the mrs moaning the biggest

36193[/snapback]

Well, for one run to the keypad it's hardly going to be a complete eyesore as long as you don't run it diagonally across the hall wall!

I'm still not sure you got the bit where I said you only need to use screened for the run to the keypad, the detectors, contacts and everything else can be run in standard white alarm cable.

Or are we at cross purposes again?

Archived