Security Installer Community

me again

Guest Mickie D

Guest Mickie D

i just bought a galaxy 60 with keypad for 90 quid i hope thats a good price lol

it has been used but from what everyone has been saying it sounds like one of the best alarms to buy ?

also this alarm does not come with installer instructions will i be able to ask galaxy if i can have some or will i put this on me wall and just admire it lol

oh its not for commercial use its for my house as i have been installing alarms lately and have to admit enjoying it aswell.... i thought i should put one in my place... and when i sell cheakily swap it for an ADE lol ;)

so some help if i got a bargain or not and if i can get hold of a install guide that would be great

and if i am not allowed to ask this on the forum please comment out the sections about the install guide and leave the did i get a bargain bit please admin as i am really interested in that :)

Regards

Mickie D

Looks from first viewing you got a pretty good deal, however regarding the manual that will be slightly trickier.

We're not allowed to give out install manual information on here, and Microtech (the manufacturers of Galaxys) will be even less likely to help

Still a good panel though even if we dont use them

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

All i can suggest would be to install all the bits yourself, then get someone maybe on here to program it for you if you post your location.

Mark Hawks

Guest Mickie D

maybe galaxy will give me access

i have just got the OK from texecom after requesting my business will be installing alarms but also letting them know i am an electrician but we are now going to be installing alarms on every premises we do.

how do i go about requesting to be part of galaxy or is that a no go ?

Galaxy are notorious picky on who they let install their equipment, and will be unlikely to offer a training course to a small company so young.

Id personally stick with Texecom as they'll do 99.9% of what a Galaxy does without the politics

Mark Hawks

Awight Mickie!

Yep, you've got a good panel there. As Monteey says it is a top end panel and the install manual is not publicly available. Your best bet would be to get someone to just commision the system once you've installed it.

It is a panel that has a lot of advanced configuration options and isn't really a panel to start off on. If you are serious about fitting the panel in future then can get the manual through official trade channels.

Guest Mickie D

yep i agree with that aswell :)

but i have bought this alarm now and would prefer to do it myself, but i guess sometimes i have to backdown.... the fun part is programming and doing the tests on the system.

when i saw the pictures on ebay it looks so small i was expecting a big motherbaord lol... i guess them chips are doing the hardwork :)

Guest Mickie D

not really that young a company been going for 2 years but its mainly electrics.... i recently got into this as i was helping my uncle re-do his intire flat and i would have stuck anything in there lol .... but he wanted the best lol

thats how i found you guys and it has oponed my eyes alot and planing is everything.... i like to do things right the firstt time then you dont have come back ;)

but thanks for the advice and can you guys while you are on the subject recommend anything to go with the alarm i should try and get ?

recommend anything to go with the alarm i should try and get ?

Depends what your after

BTW That panel you've got is at least 3 years old, they changed the keypad from grey to white about that time ago, so the firmware will not be the latest version

Love the ebay id!

Mark Hawks

Guest Mickie D
Depends what your after

BTW That panel you've got is at least 3 years old, they changed the keypad from grey to white about that time ago, so the firmware will not be the latest version

Love the ebay id!

36106[/snapback]

lol the userid suits me you agree lol

right so i got a bad deal then... or is it still ok ?

can you flash the chip with the lastest images or am i talking **** lol ?

im gonna have to some way or another get in with galaxy :(

thanks for the help monteey

and hello lurch me old mucka ;)

Archived